Floating Deso/Gray

BeanMan

Long Time Member
We have just returned from 7 days and 6 nights floating desolation and Gray Canyons on the Green river in Bess and TTK land. the river was pretty low and slow so the first two days included 33 miles of rowing into the wind.
sand Wash: Putting in
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--9-.jpg

Sparkey goes most everywhere with us
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--1.jpg

So does my Wife
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--3.jpg

Lots of Bighorns, no decent Rams and I couldn't tell you if they were Desert or Rockies
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--4.jpg

Petroglyphs
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--5.jpg

Tough People built this hand hewn home
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--6.jpg

Wire Rapid kicked my beginners Butt but the dog liked it.
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--7.jpg

Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--8.jpg

Good Friends and Neighbors invited us to tag along, Thanks Dale and Dulce.
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--9.jpg

It was fun and I would like to do it at high water some day.

Cheers,

Beanman

Looks like fun! I don't even see the dog in the boat. DId he have on a cute lil' life jacket like the other dog, too?

Great pics, as always, Fred.

Jenn

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-07 AT 11:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-07 AT 11:18?PM (MST)

Jenn, in the first whitewater photo you can see, barely, Sparks's head and ear, at breast height on my Wife.
Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--10.jpg

HEY BeanMan!!!

THAT BEATS WORK ANYDAY!!!

DID YOU CATCH ANY CATFISH???

THEM PEOPLE THAT LIVED IN THAT COUNTRY A FEW HUNDRED YEARS AGO WERE TOUGH FOR SURE!!!

GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE STILL UPRIGHT!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Awesome. That looks like a blast.

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

bess,

I wish I had brought a pole and a Utard fishing license. the night I was on KP I dumped some Rice and beans (this is how the BLM wants you to dispose of refuse) in the eddy and a whole bunch of catfish started a feeding frenzy. Pretty cool. I kept waiting for some xxxxhead in a Dodge Cummins to pass us while driving through and blow black smoke at us but you must have been at work, LOL.

Cheers,

Fred

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom