flipping axles on trailer

C

creamofthecrop

just wondering if anyone on here has a 5th wheel with flipped axles, and pros vs cons?. also does anyone know if a powerstroke with a 6" lift and 37" tires will work with a trailer with flipped axles i know mortgage man put a lift on his

BECAUSE creampuff IS STILL A PUNK!!!

THATS WHY!!!

DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW IT WILL WORK creampuff???

YOU RAISED THE TRUCK 6"!!!

AND YOU RAISE THE TRAILER 2.5"!!!

YOU'RE STILL OUT OF WHACK!!!

YOU COULD GET BIGGER BLOCKS & U-BOLTS FOR YOUR TRAILER & JACK IT CLEAR TO THE SKY LIKE YOUR TRUCK!!!

BUT IF THAT RIG EVER GETS OUT OF CONTROL IT AIN'T GONNA BE PERTY!!!

REMEMBER YOUR EXCURSION LOADED ON THE TOW TRUCK???

WE DON'T WANT TO SEE ANOTHER PICTURE LIKE THAT!!!

YOU'LL GROW OUT OF IT!!!

WE JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

still a punk, bobcat i thought you missed me all this time i havent been around

Cream,

I couldn't flip the axles on my trailer and my trailer sat really low stock anyway. It would have worked great for a Chevy without a lift but was too low, even for a Ford with just a leveling kit. I ended up lifting it 4 inches and it sits perfect behind a Ford with a leveling kit and 35's now. It's not perfect with 38's on my truck but it sits pretty close. I'd flip the axles if it were me and if it's not expensive. It's not going to ruin anything if you don't go crazy and they can always be flipped back if you decide to sell it to someone with a smaller truck.

Mine sits perfect now.....See!!
There's a crappy story that goes along with the pic.

DSCN0446.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-08 AT 11:17PM (MST)[p]Would you prefer advice from someone who is "old" and been there and done that, or a young whippersnapper who still wipes his nose and wet behind the ears when it comes to giving advice?

RELH

HEY creampuff!!!

JUST MAKING EDUCATED SUGGESTIONS!!!

SOME OF US OLD BASTARDS LEARNED THE HARD WAY!!!

WE DON'T WANNA SEE YOU GET HURT!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Do something better with your money son.

You are not smarter than the engineers at Ford. Trust me on this one.

5th wheels are a great trailer designed to pull better with better weight distribution. They are not meant to have mag wheels and lift kits. Trust me on this one also.

You might think you look cool, and maybe you do sitting there, but your rig was not designed for you to mess it all up with your cute add-ons.

Trust me creampuff. Leave the thing alone. It will drive better, pull better, and resale better if you just leave the POS alone. Go buy some real estate or mutual funds with the money you are wasting. You will thank me in 20 years.;-)

Put aside extra money every week to buy U-joints, and lots of em. I was young once. Listen to these gents learn from our mistakes.

RELH - I hope your not referring to me. I might be younger than some on here but what I lose in age I make up for in experience. Especially in this conversation.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-08 AT 01:33PM (MST)[p]Not sure what your definition of old is, but by most people?s view I fall somewhere in between.
I have the axles flipped on my 32? 5th wheel and tow it behind my 2500 HD, which has a leveling kit. Adjusted the king pen box until the trailer is perfectly level.
PROS:
The extra camper ground clearance is a must for places I put this rig both hunting and at the lake. You don't drag the holding tanks out of it!

No problems with handling, even in high winds. It's a 5th wheel for Christ sake.

CONS:
Camper ride is stiffer. If you have someone turn the axles over, make sure they move the mounts to the top and reinstall the shocks. Some guys will try to leave the shocks off completely which could bounce everything out of the cabinets.

Increased overall camper height. This affects the step height into the camper. On level ground mine is fine because it has 3 steps but put the opposite side tires in holes and the first step gets long.

I flipped the axles the day I took delivery. No regrets, would do it again today.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom