flagging antelope

HNTNFSH

When flagging antelope which is the best color to use red or white I have never tried this so wondering first off does it work and does color matter or one work better than the other. Wanted to try it out before my hunt but did not want to educate the antelope in my unit

just make sure it is legal. im not an antelope hunter so dont go by my word but at one time in wyoming i thought i was told it was illegal to flag them in. like i said i was told so that dont say much. so just be sure to check those regs. good luck

I'm not certain color makes a difference. I think it is the motion of something they can't identify that pulls them closer. I've waved a baseball-type cap a few times and had them approach. I think they are just trying to get close enough to identify what they are seeing.

Tried it this past Sunday using a white flag and ended up scaring the herd away. No way could they have seen any portion of me except the flag. I'll try it again though.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

You might try raising "old glory" especially on 9/11. That red, white, and blue should make every red blooded, US buck stand at patriotic attention while you sneak in on them. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom