Fix Velvet???

W

wapiti77

Anybody know of taxi in Utah that specializes in velvet touch up? Or has any experience with it?

Bruce Capes with Animal Art Taxidermy in Midvale Does a good job although I don't think he "specializes" in it. There is also a company that "sprays" artificial velvet back on antlers. This would require you to strip all of the velvet first. Cons of that are it is relatively expensive and the trained eye can tell it's a bit too consistant to be natural. It's a good alternantive though if your velvet can't be repaired and you don't want to permanantly strip the velvet. Bruce's # is (801) 566-5858.

I forgot to mention, that the extent of the damage will greatly determine if it can be repaired. The biggest issue with velvet repairs is finding velvet that is color matched (unless you have the velvet that came off of your deer).

I have used the fibers off of a berlap bag to repair if it is not to bad.If you want more info. just Pm me.

the velvet is in near perfect condition, its off a bull elk, almost blond in color. I scuffed it in a few places when trying to position him to clean. I have herd of soaking the spots, and possible repair. Im sure there are taxi's out there that are better at this then others. Andy other info would help.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-09 AT 02:54PM (MST)[p]Bruce at Animal Art Taxidermy did a great job touching up some velvet for me. I would call him. He would at least give you some good advice.

I have velvet from other animal's that i have stripped. 801 910 8774 jim call if interested.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom