FishLake...

Saw 37 5 point or bigger bulls on Friday morning. 4 or 5 "nice" bulls. Nothing huge. Mountain is in full bloom and feed looks good. Lots of rain in the afternoons. Hopefully they will finish off strong on the antler growth.

3005flower5.jpg

5016flower6.jpg

4125flower8.jpg

Oh yeah elk. Not a good pic. But a nice bull.
9296flower7.jpg

just spent the week up there with the family. i did a lot of family stuff but was able to go and glass here and there. saw 9 bulls and 3 looked good. damn muley i wish i saw as many as you. do you have any advice for me on the late rifle?

Great Pictures SHG, Did you see any good bucks while you
where up there,? Coming there is August for the archery
deer hunt, just wanted to hear what you seen, Thanks.

Mike

I saw about 12 bucks. Two looked good. One I am guessing would score around 165ish and the other one was wide and heavy but had crabby forks.

Thanks for the update SHG, Did you make it up to Hancock Flats at all,? That is where I like to camp it seems to hold more deer than seven mile but there is some nice groups up there also.

Thanks for the feedback SHG, I grew up hunting 7 mile and Sheep Valley but from what I have seen in the last few years there are allot more deer and opportunities over on the west side than 7 mile for my group. I on the other hand am always looking for the biggest pig I can find so I plan on scouting all are good spots, Good Hunting this year.

Mike

To be honest with you SHG I live in San Diego all my life but I grew up hunting every year in the Beaver Mountains as a kid and then moved over to Fish Lake mainly archery deer and elk. For the last six years I have been hunting down toward Duck Creek but last year thanks to this new draw system I got picked for my third pick which sent me back to Fish Lake which we had a great hunt last year. I used to hunt the late rifle hunt over in the Parker Mountains but now that it is pretty much impossible for a non-resident to get picked for anything but archery deer I just enjoy this annual hunt with my son and buddies for as long as I get picked. We will be up at Hancock Flats for the archery deer hunt if you make it up that way stop by, Good Hunting.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom