Fishing Vs Hunting

S

Shotgun59

I gave myself a question.

Why are there so many anti hunting groups/people/organiztions. They say such things as you/me/we no longer need to hunt since meat is available in stores so readily, shooting animals is cruelty, it is barbaric, ect...ect..ect..

I never or seldon hear about anti fishing groups. (I am not talking commercial waters I am talking the local states) Why is that. Is fishing so much more honorable, are they more sophisticated.

They are both the same really.....it is the thrill of the "catch", "kill", ect, to some...or the MEAT "hunt" to others ....oh sure there is catch and relese. I know there is no shoot and release.

Neither fishers or hunters "NEED" the meat. we just enjoy it for various reasons. Walleye is damn good, I dont care for trout, and I may fish 7 days a year if I am lucky.

Obviously, I'm on the PRO side of both issues.

BUT...don't kid yourself. There are anti-fishing movements all over the place. The agenda-driven people (the who want to eliminate guns) are not interested in fishing but the 'true believers' hate fishing as much as hunting.

HOWEVER, there are more fishermen than hunters and hunting is done with guns and the campaign to demonize guns has been going on for a long time.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

It certainly exists. The anti hunting efforts are more front and center to the divide and conquer approach thus you hear about it more often. More people are sympathetic to the anti hunting cause but make no mistake, efforts are constant to stop both activities.

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-entertainment/fishing.aspx

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Good question. I've wondered the same thing about sport fishing since anti-hunting is so visible and anti-fishing is not.
We should make no mistake, it's out there but they're just against hunting first and foremost.

BTW: shotgun59, I'm with you all the way on walleye but I have a GREAT trout chowder recipe. My mouth is watering thinking about it right now.

Zeke

I get a kick out of the folks who fish but are against hunting...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I think it mainly has to do with guns. Plus big game animals are pretty and cute and can be see all the time where fish are not as visible and big and cute and cuddly. A total perception thing I believe. I have a very close family member that cannot believe I can shoot anything so regal and majestic. Fish on the other hand; she could care less about.

I think somewhere in the Bible in mentions... Jesus was a fisher. maybe it was symbolic. point is.. maybe if it mentioned that he hunted then More people would accept it...

The reason is simple. Walt Disney concentrated more on animals than fish. All those cute little animated movies have serious hidden meanings to our kids.

Penguins are all the rage now. They're linked to climate change and man made global warming. The seeds are being planted in our kids brains.

Eel

>The reason is simple. Walt Disney
>concentrated more on animals than
>fish. All those cute little
>animated movies have serious hidden
>meanings to our kids.
>
>Penguins are all the rage now.
>They're linked to climate change
>and man made global warming.
>The seeds are being planted
>in our kids brains.
>
>Eel

Eel, I believe you are 100% correct...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Game animals live a much better life than any beef animal ever did. Raising a a steer for 1 year only to be killed for food is one of the most pointless lives possible. If anybody is against hunting, but not a vegetarian, or even more so a vegan, then they have no leg to stand on. Hunting is the reason humans became so smart due to the protein causing brain development and innovation on ways to get game.

Some say fish feel no pain, thus it is more ethical to fish than hunt. Plants feel no pain (we think), so fish and plants could be put on the same level.

Who knows what goes on in these people's head. They definitely have to much time on their hands.

Catch and release hunting is done with cameras, or tranquilizers. On 2nd thought tranquilizing them and sawing off their horns could be fun!

The bass tournaments are always under the gun from nature fakers.........

People would probably oppose the gator thing also, but them ol' boys into that, would just leave the protesters out in the swamp for bait!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Is fishing
>so much more honorable, are
>they more sophisticated.

No, they are just better dressed.
I would take up fly fishing but I just don't have the proper wardrobe.

paint ball guns work. for catch and release. calling in a big bull is just as fun....or so ive heard......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom