Fishing story

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I got away for a couple hours yesterday and headed to the mouth of Elk River to do a little perch fishing at high tide. It's about a mile walk and I was the only one there. I had been there about a half hour with no action and a guy shows up with just his fishing pole all rigged up.

He asks me if I had any bait he could bum? (who walks a mile to go fishing without any bait?)

Since it was slow I gave him half of my sand crabs in a zip lock bag. He moved on down the beach about 50 yards.

A school of fish moved in and we started catching. I kept 4 and then started releasing some and ran out of bait. I told him I was out of bait. He said that's too bad.

All I could do was laugh all the way back to my truck. Geezus!

Eel

It's the new normal, grumpy!

You had bait, he didn't. You were asked for his "fair share", you divided your the portion and gave him "his half".

And you best not mention it cuz that's certifiable hate speech. You racist 1%'er.

You old jokers just don't get it, do ya.

DC

Hopefully barry reads this thread and he'll champion free crabs for everyone! His wife could be in charge of distribution?

And the welfare mentality continues to spread.....I am happy that I will not be around 50 years from now to see how this " You owe me" attitude turns out!

Some people!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

You guys gave me a good chuckle with your "political" comments.
You are so accurate that it shouldn't be funny at all.

There something on which to masticate.

"""The US Dept of Ag, through food Stamps, proudly announced that they feed 46 million people on an ongoing and annual basis!

meanwhile

The National Parks Service asks us not to feed the animals because it will make them dependent on handouts!

There's your lesson for the day!"""

Zeke

Eel, what are you going to do if someday you run across that same guy hiking with a gas can in his hand on a country road?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-15 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]>Hopefully barry reads this thread and
>he'll champion free crabs for
>everyone! His wife could be
>in charge of distribution?

I see what you did there,.. }>

>Eel, what are you going to
>do if someday you run
>across that same guy hiking
>with a gas can in
>his hand on a country
>road?

Give him some gas and then cuss him out when he sees me stranded out of gas, and keeps on going.

I'm a slow learner.:)

I think you know the answer larrbo.

Eel

Zeke now that is true.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Eel, i think that you found a strong candidate for "A-hole of the Year Awards!"

Hard to imagine something like that really happening...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>>Eel, what are you going to
>>do if someday you run
>>across that same guy hiking
>>with a gas can in
>>his hand on a country
>>road?
>
>Give him some gas and then
>cuss him out when he
>sees me stranded out of
>gas, and keeps on going.
>
>
>I'm a slow learner.:)
>
>I think you know the answer
>larrbo.
>
>Eel

"Do unto others" - it's the code we live by, regardless of who lives it back.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>Eel, i think that you found
>a strong candidate for "A-hole
>of the Year Awards!"
>
>Hard to imagine something like that
>really happening...
>
>Joey
>
>
>