Fishing Recommendations - BC - Okanagan and Cariboo Regions

Roy

I posted this already in the Canada forum but it hasn't got any traction there, so reposting here.

My son and I are heading up there in mid August doing a DIY fishing trip. He served an LDS Mission there from 2017-2019 and we are going back to do some fishing and visit some of the folks he knows there. Looking for any fishing recommendations, tips, suggestions for Kelowna and 100 Mile House areas. Have already booked a trip to fish for Salmon in Vancouver.

Dear eelgrass.

f76da670-aecf-45f9-b7c7-6b1372f1a1ba_text.gif

I posted this already in the Canada forum but it hasn't got any traction there, so reposting here.

My son and I are heading up there in mid August doing a DIY fishing trip. He served an LDS Mission there from 2017-2019 and we are going back to do some fishing and visit some of the folks he knows there. Looking for any fishing recommendations, tips, suggestions for Kelowna and 100 Mile House areas. Have already booked a trip to fish for Salmon in Vancouver.
Check out Kootenay lake just east of the Okanogan. Nelson and Ainsworth Hots springs area. The Hot Springs alone is worth an evening or two.

Can I come to……. green with envy.

I could kick myself for not having made that trip to fish every year for the last 30 years. Picture perfect country……… if you like water and Rocky Mountains. I can understand your son wanting to return with his Dad.

Given there are few regulars on here from BC, I would recommend your son reach out to old contacts from his time there. I'd think you would get your best response from them.
I've hunted in BC twice but never fished. It's incredible mountain country and the streams look amazing. Several guys in Smithers were there just to fly fish so I know there was great fishing around there, but that's a long way from where you will be.
Have a great time with your son!

I wouldn't help Kirt Darner so why would I help Roy? You have to be a long-time member here to understand.
I am a long time member eel, but I've never understood how harboring bad feelings or grudges is useful to anyone.
If Roy, or even Mr Darner was seeking to have a good trip with his son and I had information that could help make that happen, I'd gladly share.

Roy, for what it's worth, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Last edited:
I am a long time member eel, but I've never understood how harboring bad feelings or grudges is useful to anyone.
If Roy, or even Mr Darner was seeking to have a good trip with his son and I had information that could help make that happen, I'd gladly share.

Roy, for what it's worth, I hope you find what you are looking for.
Eel is still upset that I nearly got him busted for turtle poaching. Or rather, purchasing giant turtle shells at yard sales and passing them off as his own.

In Eel's case, it is lead weights with treble hooks used to snag turtles from kid's ponds.
Well Roy, I sincerely hope you have a great fishing adventure and I apologize for my ill wishes.

I can't wait for the doctored photos of the stolen fish you "catch".

Well Roy, I sincerely hope you have a great fishing adventure and I apologize for my ill wishes.

I can't wait for the doctored photos of the stolen fish you "catch".
HA HA - you know I luv ya buddy!! Maybe next year we will plan a trip to Shelter Cove for some kayak fishing and we can meet up. Or, another Wyoming elk trip. I'll bet we can find a better place to find a bite to eat than that McDonald's where we met you before.

HA HA - you know I luv ya buddy!! Maybe next year we will plan a trip to Shelter Cove for some kayak fishing and we can meet up. Or, another Wyoming elk trip. I'll bet we can find a better place to find a bite to eat than that McDonald's where we met you before.
You know I love you too, Roy. Your memory is on par with mine too. Thank goodness I have a photo of our meeting in Wyoming at the Taco Time. I think it was in Rock Springs? 2014.

Wyoming2014.jpg

You know I love you too, Roy. Your memory is on par with mine too. Thank goodness I have a photo of our meeting in Wyoming at the Taco Time. I think it was in Rock Springs? 2014.

View attachment 115370
Oh yeah - it was Taco Time!! Good thing for photographic evidence! And it definitely was Rock Springs. My brother had an elk hunt in the Big Horns - we didn't get anything that week during archery season, but he got a 340 Bull later, on the last day of the rifle season. Epic times!

Hey Roy…… I been waiting all summer to get a campfire story about you and your son’s trip to BC. Any fun tales to tell?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom