Fishing Boats

N

NevadaBadger

Hi friends,

Driving back from Kali today in the SNOW, I noticed a rig hauling a killer bass boat (a Ranger?), west bound (to the delta, shasta, oroville, clear lake ?????). Being originally from the SOUTH, bass (black ? I'm not racist) has always been my first love. Me and my good buddy Roland Martin used to fish live shiners down on lake Okeechobee all the time. 10 pounders ? 15 pounders - 20+ pounders, we caught them all. Am I dreaming???? I think so.

But what is my dream fishing rig. Yes I know this is mainly a hunting site, but please humor me. This is mine:

A Skeeter 22-i with a Yamaha 300 hp. V Max (more power). B.A.S.S. all the way ? focused and limited, but this is the way I like it. I don't want to get too detailed with the specifics. My last rig was a Tracker Pro Deep V-17 w/Cannon downriggers. It was multi-tasking. I have seen a lot of slick jet boat rigs here out west ? mainly river boats??

So, what would your dream fishing boat be, fresh water or blue??? A Custom Hatteras, an AIRE cataraft, a used truck inner tube?

What would you use it for?!?

16' TRACKER semi flat bottom, dark green, 60hp merc, and a console. Still small and light enough to run the rivers and marshes for duck hunting, but big enough to run across the lakes in the summer for bass fishin.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Here's mine. 2006 17x54 Riverwolf Drift Boat.
Matter of fact she's hooked up to the pickup right now, ready to do battle with some Rogue River springers in the mornin.
I hope

100_0908.jpg

Fishingtrip005.jpg

Here's mine....1998 Nitro 800 LXS. These pics were taken last year at San Antonio Lake. I don't get to take it out nearly enough!

49f2a3a36608afb9.jpg

49f2a3eb667dd244.jpg

Steve

My dream boat would be a houseboat big enough for two plus company. Wouldn't have to be anything flashy, new, or even pretty. I'd like one so i could move off this mountain every December and into it, stay on that sucker, fishing for Cats, Stripers, and largemouths, around the Calif Delta area until March or April when it gets warm enough to return.

In the mean time several of my buds own great 16-18' aluma-weilds, lunds, and such. Great boats for downrigger set-ups for comfortable trolling on Lake Almanor. Wouldn't mind owning one, to say the least, but other priorities have kept me from doing so. I do get invited from time to time and also love fishing this area from several rather little known or fished areas along the shore. I own shanks mare but catch my share. ;-)

Joey

This is my last boat, I guess it would be a deep water boat.
I now have a 14' Alaskan Smokercraft with a 15HP Yamaha. I like it and haven't sunk it ,yet.
Next boat will be self bailing.

49f2b24f0dd503b5.jpg

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

I've forgotten about house boats.

I love spring time on Lake Shasta ? the red buds blooming ? spots & bronze-backs biting. Shasta and Lassen in the background.. Trap/skeet off the upper deck. The sheriff?s boat inquiring. Fun. fun ,fun?

Sisqhunter,

A dory/drift boat looks like fun. Have you ever been down the North Umpqua?!?

Mr. Wiszard,

Good looking brood, but I don't see any fishing gear. How do you like your Nitro?

I guess I'll split the cost of all expenses and just go hang out with Joey on the houseboat.

I have owned 30 boats and now would be going for that one with a recliner and a BBQ.

>Here's mine. 2006 17x54 Riverwolf Drift
>Boat.
>Matter of fact she's hooked up
>to the pickup right now,
>ready to do battle with
>some Rogue River springers in
>the mornin.
>I hope
>
>
>
>
>
100_0908.jpg

>
>
>
>
>
Fishingtrip005.jpg

is that lower pic on the klamath river near horny town..?

I bought a 17' Crestliner last year. Not my dream boat but it is a great multi species boat that I can afford.It works great for trolling and has a good sized casting deck for when I go bass fishing...

w011.jpg

w001.jpg

And my God daughters really like to go fishing with me and their dad....

w007.jpg

w015.jpg

HPIM0201.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

NevadaBadger- How do I like my Nitro? Well, it's paid for so I love it. When I was making the payment on it, I hated it!! It was a cheaper level bass boat and I would never buy like that again. Minor things have happened to it but most are no big deal. My next boat will be an aluminum boat of some sort....a lot lighter and not so much maintenance.

The reason theres no fishing equipment in the boat in those pics is because that trip we mostly tubed behind the boat. The three kids to the right are my kids and the one on the left is my daughters friend. That boat has enough get up and go to pull a couple of kids and that's the only boat we have so we had to make due. I wonder if people wonder if we were white trash tubing behind a bass boat? I don't know and don't care!! I had thought about selling the boat about a year ago but it's only worth $6500 or so. I really don't need the money so why sell it was my thinking.

Steve

Yep Manny, you guessed it. It's at the ramp just under the dam fall chinook fishin.
Nevada Badger yes i fish the N. Umpqua every winter, awesome water!!!

I have a 201 Viper Cobra Bass boat
225 EFI Merc, Boysen racing reeds, 25" 4 blade Trophy and 23" 3 blade for running faster on smooth water.
Best top end speed is on lake Mohave/Mead...74 mph.

That's MY definition of "Fly Fishin"!! ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I couldn't let this pass as i own 7 boats.
20ft foot Stratos 150 merc
17 ft Northwoods
17ft bass tracker
14ft river boat
14ft river boat
12ft drag boat
24ft pontoon
With a name like driftersifter you just have to know I have a drift boat too. a pontoon water skeeter and I love that little inflatable.

Sweet boats! I grew up with a 21' Eliminator with a blown 454. Surprisingly it made a heck of a fishing boat! :)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-09 AT 10:27PM (MST)[p]>I couldn't let this pass as
>i own 7 boats.
>20ft foot Stratos 150 merc
>17 ft Northwoods
>17ft bass tracker
>14ft river boat
>14ft river boat
>12ft drag boat
>24ft pontoon
> With a name like
>driftersifter you just have to
>know I have a drift
>boat too. a pontoon
>water skeeter and I love
>that little inflatable.

I think you qualify for a government bailout... LOL

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

With my current luck it would come in the form of an Icecream bucket not a bilge pump.
Driftersifter

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-09 AT 08:55PM (MST)[p]Here is my bass killer. Skeeter 200 DX. She'll do 80 mph on a good choppy day.

Picture002.jpg

I also have an 18' Southern Skimmer center console, 34' Tollycraft Tri Cabin cruiser and 3 other boats and dinghys under 12'. I am currently looking for a 26+ North River Seahawk OS. Oh, and I am 1/4 owner in a 98' fishing/crabbing vessel. There is no such thing as too many boats!!!!

Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

My ole man told me buyin a boat would be the best 2 days of my life....the day I bought it, and the day I sold it :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"Oh, and I am 1/4 owner in a 98' fishing/crabbing vessel."

Pbear, can you get me a job on one of those king crab boats out of Dutch Harbor?

J/K!!:)

Eel

49d778ac3681054a.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-09 AT 08:30AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-09 AT 08:26?AM (MST)

Here is my sled. The Texas coast is the most underrated fishery there is.
49f9b4ec2ed33c31.jpg

49f9b58f30f4d991.jpg

49f9b5d831efd991.jpg

Eel... I could get you a ride on one of the "Deadliest Catch" boats but jobs are another thing. Our boat crabs here in WA for dungies and tendors for salmon in S.E. Alaska during the summer.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom