Fish taco recipe

eelgrass

Long Time Member
All this talk about tacos reminded me that I need to make some fish tacos. I'm going fishing tomorrow and should get a couple salmon and probably a halibut.

I've heard halibut makes good fish tacos but I've never had a fish taco of any kind.

Anyone have a favorite recipe they could share?

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-13 AT 10:37PM (MST)[p]I like to cut my fish in strips apx. 1/2 x 1/2" x 4 or 5 " long. Place strips in milk, flour, egg wash and then Panko Bread crumbs. Cook in hot oil and remove after a few minute to a rack over cookie sheet. Salt and pepper fish at this time. Line a warmed small tortilla (we use traditional corn for our tacos) with chopped cabbage. Place fish strip over cabbage and ladle with sauce.

Sauce:
1 cup of mayo
1 cup of sour cream
juice of 1 lemon
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and a spoon full of adobo sauce.
Mix in blender and drizzle over taco.

We do this with Striped Bass, Halibut, Rockfish or Dorado and my family and friends love it.

Take your basic "turtle taco" recipe and just substitute fish. DUH.....?

Personally, I would never eat a "fish" taco.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Don't let Nicky BullSshhit you!

He'd Shine a Nice Taco up in a HeartBeat if given the Chance!

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Good fishing Eel. Down here its been a wind show and no one can get out. We're gonna have a lot of fish hit the river this fall though!

Lowfat Fish Taco Recipe:

cut fish into strips and coat with cajun blacking season. Place in fridge for 2+ hours. Fry fish in hot cast iron pan with a small amount of oil or grease.

Serve on warmed corn tortillas with:
Shredded cabbage
Shredded cheese
lime juice
mango peach salsa
Chipotle Yogurt ranch dressing*

*Mix Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch with chipotle hot sauce to taste. (Walmart has a Market Fresh Chipotle Ranch Yogurt dressing, but, I find it a little tame.) You'll find the yogurt ranch dressing in the refridgerated salad dressing area.

Now I'm going to pull a pack of walleye out of the freezer.

Mike the way they're killing them in the ocean, I hope enough make it to the river......

elkun, are we talking about the same kind of fish taco?:)

Why did God prohibit women from swimming in the ocean? Because he never could get the smell off the fish!

Eel

Sorry Steve...don't know how I missed your smiling face...guess I was looking for a long grey beard....LOL....J/K

Nice eating for sure, real the best eating fish out there as far as I am concerned. Fish Tacos, Tuna Tacos is what we had over in KONA three years ago when I caught that 152# Yellowfin Tuna.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Runnoft, that one sound great also. We'll try it too.

Both recipes seem pretty easy, which is good. Thanks again!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom