Fish & Game Help for Scouting

H

Hanson

I was thinking about calling fish and game to get some advice on where to look for some mule deer and was not sure how to go about it. What should I ask and who should I contact? Thanks.

Good luck with that... In the fish and game I have found one guy who is exceptional two or three to be moderate and the rest I suspect to be some of the huggie tree type, cause they have been closemouthed and uncooperative. Blm and forest service biologist's I have had better luck with... But be specific and have a general Idea and area with maps handy.... And if you are open to harvesting a less than trophy animal, they will tell you where there are areas that hold animals.

Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

Call the area office for whatever unit you are looking into. Ask for the regional biologist and/or warden. I've had some good luck, and some not so good.

F&G will tell u there are good #s of deer in every unit !!! been there done that several years ago as a bet & won !!! are u wanting them to tell u where the bigger bucks are?? where there are more deer?? or units that offer a more quaility hunt ??? u will certainly get the run around & very vague answers !!! are u just wanting to go look at deer or are u looking for a unit to hunt or a place to hunt horns ???

Deffinately looking to hunt for some bucks. Would like big bucks but am looking for my first bow kill buck. I am in school and don't have a lot of time and money to spend scouting, so I was just trying to do as much leg work as I could without hitting the hills. Really just looking to see deer and stick a buck. Any help would be appreciated.

I live in Boise, so somewhere within 2 or 3 hours probably. No unit in specific, I am jusy trying to dig up info on somewhere to start. I am looking at getting my first buck with my bow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom