First Utah Elk Hunt (spike)

L

larzmang

Hello all! I'm excited to be living in Utah; I hear there's some trophy elk out and about. I want to get a feel for things so I bought an over the counter rifle spike elk tag this year. I live in Santaquin and I know that no one likes to give away hunting spots, but can someone help point me in the right direction for a good spike elk hunt near where I live? Thanks a lot.

The closest to you would be the Wasatch. All of the spike hunts are really crowded but they all should be good.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Adam, I hear you have a neighbor who is a talented elk hunter, I would get him to take you.
Ha Ha, in all honesty there is no wealth of elk hunting knowledge greater than right here on MM. I have learned a ton reading the wisdom that many here are willing to offer, and you shall too.

TJ
}}-SLIVER-->

Head east of your house, and start glassing. The nebo area has elk but it will have lots of pressure as well. Get off the road and you find elk.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

That's funny you found my post, and just after we talked too. I know you're a busy guy and I didn't want to hound you for any prize elk spots, so I appreciate all your help. I wasn't sure how available you'd be so I thought I'd give MM a shot. I've heard tons of good things about it and have read a lot on here already, but decided I should post something myself sense the hunts drawing near.

Thanks again TJ and I'll talk with you soon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom