First time hunter

ericm2752

Hey all.

So I am a first time hunter and I was wondering what clothing should I get for hunting mule deer/cow elk combo tag in NV zones 101-109 in October? I have a 300 win mag rifle with scope, a eberlestock team elk pack, binos, range finder, tent sleeping bag, etc., but I am wondering what would be the best clothing options. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Brand name is irrelevant. What is relevant is the material. No cotton and some synthetics. 100% merino wool or a high wool content blended with a quality synthetic is a good choice. A good quality synthetic is a the other option.

An elk or deer at 200 yds will not be able to determine the difference between a trademark name camo pattern or drab earth tones...

We wear what is in the closet. I have zero hunting clothes. I wear cotton and do just fine. I'm old school and I don't need the new clothes. But as everyone will point out is some of the new clothes does a better job of wicking away sweat or keeping you dry from the eliminates. I'm not normal in the new age hunting world but we are very successful in the hunting world. In the last 4 years my boys and I have harvested 17 elk. That is to include 4 of my boys as hunters and myself. It looks like to me you have already spent a bunch of money on gear so another grand on clothes might not be a problem for you. But every penny counts around my homestead.

2 cents DZ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom