First pronghorn...Whoo-hoo!

N

NvHuntNut

Hello everyone
First I want to thank all of you for assisting me with trying to score a couple of lopes on the hoof. They are pretty hard to judge when I am so used to mule deer & elk...an experienced eye (such as you guys) certaily helps with these animals.
That being said, here is my first antelope. I planned and practiced long shots with my .06 all summer and ended up taking the shot at 60 yards! Isn't that how it always goes...I am extremely happy with him. He had a large body; almost deer sized. I was even fortunate enough to have taken video & pictures of him while scouting- I am almost positive he is the first picture I asked everyone to score. It was an awesome hunt with several smaller animals within bow range for the first part, ending with a wonderful mature buck. Thank you for all of your help & happy hunting!
Amy
4a96b27e6d713d04.jpg

4a96b2a66e58d93b.jpg

Great lope! My wife has a tag and this will be her first hunt. We are leaving tomorrow and going to hunt for a week if needed. I hope we can find one that nice, we'll be hunting 034. What area did you have? Thanks for posting the picture. Ryan

You may never get a better buck than that! That is outstanding for your first go around. I hope you had a blast. Congratulations!

Very nice goat. congrats. You've set the bar pretty high for yourself

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Yes- I am hooked on these guys now. I think archery is next- I didn't think I could ever get close enough to pronghorn by spot & stalk methods (I hate sitting in blinds all day!). After having 6 within 60 yards with that method I am convinced it is possible. I may actually draw one of those tags before another 11 years passes!
I love my old Springfield. Alot of people in the field smirk when see me hunting with that old gun & my 4 x 5 weaver scope, but I can't count all of the animals it has helped me harvest. I won't hunt with anything else. That gun will outshoot most of these new models! That gun is part of my family.
nvnative79,
I was in area 076. I know a tiny bit about 015 & 021, but not your area. I have heard that is an excellent area though. Good luck & please post the results!
Amy

ColoradoOak,
I haven't scored him yet. I'm taking him to a taxidermist tommorrow & he is going to help me with it since it is my first time scoring them. I am hoping they don't experience vast shrinkage! I can post what he thinks if you would like...thank you for asking.

Great antelope.

I'll take a stab at the score
5 prong
=37
x2
=74

i'll say I'll give a little cushion and say he could go as high as 77. Nice buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom