first marathon

36moose

i ran my first marathon today and what a great event. it pushed me to the limit to keep rolling after the 22 mile mark. now if i could just draw a tag i will be mountain ready. how many out there in monster muley land have run one?

I haven't ran a full marathon in 30 years the 6 weeks recovery for running one where I was shot and lacked energy was just not that pleasant. I ran 8 and received appearance money for it in the 1970's, my favorite was Grandma's in Duluth Minnesota. The Ethiopians and Kenyans were just getting an idea of what was possible for them at the time. I still run a 10 miler or half marathon but I continue to get slower and slower, I never even win my age class anymore, mainly at 55 now I just do it to stay in hunting shape. Congrats to you it is a good feeling of accomplishment but not for me anymore.

Congrats. I've completed a 26.2 mile ruck march w/ 35 lb pack through the mountains of southern NM, but have never run one. I am signed up to run the Venice (Italy) marathon in October. I figure since I am over here for another hunting season I might as well do something other than sit around and get fat. I'm up to about 5-6 miles a day. My wife ran the Rome marathon in March. It was her first and she is contemplating Venice w/ me. If you are interested in flying across the Atlantic to run another, just let me know. You have a free place to stay about an hour north of the starting line...

DC

Much congrats to you.

I've run two, but it's been seven years since the last one. I turned 50 back in February and in my feebled mind was gearing up for a third this summer. That thought lasted about two weeks before reality set in...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom