FIRST FIRE OF THE YEAR

YukonDall

Long Time Member
LOVE TO FIRE UP THE OLE STOVE HERE IN CALI. JUST A BIT NIPPY IN THE MORN, LOVE THE SMELL BURNING WOOD........ALMOND
& PINE MOSTLY. WHAT DO MOST OF YOU FELLAS BURN FOR WOOD????

ANYBODY ELSE LOOK FORWARD TO FIRING OFF THE OLE STOVE????........................YD.

They still allow that in KALI?:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-15 AT 07:17AM (MST)[p]Just climbed the roof and swept the stove pipe yesterday, she's ready to go! Only had it a season and a half, best part is my propane bill went from 350-400 gallons to 50 gallons!
P.S. I'm a carpenter, mostly 2x4's! :D
But I did find some oak 4x4 stickers from a steel haulin trucking co.

HECK YEA,........DESPITE WHAT YOU HEAR ITS STILL A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE. HAD A GOOD DAY YESTERDAY DEER HUNTIN, THEN SHOT A GOOD HOG LAST NIGHT. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YD.

Hey YD, glad you're having fun hunting.

It's getting close, but no fire in the wood stove yet.

After retiring from the sawmill, I still have firewood privilege so I have a shed full of trim ends, mostly Doug Fir.

There is no substitute for nice dry heat from a wood stove on those chilly damp mornings.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

>They still allow that in KALI?:D

Go
>Ahead!

>Make Me take it down!
>
>
9001hank2.jpg

Just not on the coldest days of winter... :)
I'm dead serious, you can't make this schitt up...

http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...y-areas-no-burn-ban-punishes-spare?source=pkg

The Bay Area's coldest months of the year are the times when wood burning is banned on winter Spare the Air days.
The Bay Area Air Quality Management District typically calls about 10 of the health alerts during the burn season that lasts from Nov. 1 to Feb. 28.
Forecasters issue the 24-hour alerts when they expect cold stagnant air will trap smoke and other fine particles near the ground, bringing pollution concentrations close to or exceeding public health limits set by the federal government.
First-time burn violators must take a smoke education class at home or online or pay a $100 fine. Second-time violators are fined $500.

Burn violators are unlikely to know they have been spotted until they get a mailed citation days later.

While they must actually see the smoke to make a case, the inspectors who issue citations do not knock on the door or initiate contact with the offender. Inspectors take notes and often snap a photo of the smoke before turning their report over to other air district employees who decide whether to issue a citation.

People who live in rural areas without access to natural gas for heating can get exemptions from the ban.

The nine-county air district has about 70 inspectors. Most spend the bulk of their time inspecting refineries, factories, power plants and other businesses.

On Spare the Air days, the district diverts some inspectors to smoke patrol in residential areas.
On a typical Spare the Air day, district inspectors check out some 18,000 homes. That still is a small fraction of the 1.4 million homes in the region with fireplaces or wood stoves.

In addition to the no-burn rule, inspectors also enforce a rule barring excessively dense smoke or burning of trash or plastics any time of the year.
Burn violators are unlikely to know they have been spotted until they get a mailed citation.

HH, you get in trouble if you burn wood, and even more trouble if you burn natural gas and contribute to global warming.

Soon they'll be able to smoke weed 24/7 365 days a year though. That's good and healthy.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

I just got a load of coal this week. I burn wood also, but every time I throw a chunk of coal in the stove, Obama shrivels up just a little bit. I burn a lot of coal :)

Got a new wood stove this year. Had to increase stovepipe size from 6 to 8-inches. Waiting on one section of pipe to come in to complete installation. Normally burn around 1 to 1/2 cords of mesquite over the winter here in West Texas. Forecast is for a colder/wetter than normal winter. Got about 3 cords stacked up, bring it on!!

My place has come a long ways in 3 years, i even have a new deep freezer now that i've been wanting but i've yet to put in a wood stove and that's about top of the things to do list. One more winter with this Pro-Com unit as my main house heat. Runs me about 7-$800. in propane for the season if i'm careful of the temp settings.

4473heater.jpg

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>
> HECK YEA,........DESPITE WHAT
>YOU HEAR ITS STILL A
>GREAT PLACE TO LIVE.
>HAD A GOOD DAY YESTERDAY
>DEER HUNTIN, THEN SHOT A
>GOOD HOG LAST NIGHT.
>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YD.

See the Smiley Face YD?

Just RAZZIN You Guys!

Hey HH?

Are them Big Coyotes on your Wall?:D:D:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

>
>
> LOVE TO
>FIRE UP THE OLE STOVE
>HERE IN CALI. JUST
>A BIT NIPPY IN THE
>MORN, LOVE THE SMELL BURNING
>WOOD........ALMOND
> & PINE MOSTLY. WHAT DO
>MOST OF YOU FELLAS BURN
>FOR WOOD????
>
> ANYBODY ELSE
>LOOK FORWARD TO FIRING OFF
>THE OLE STOVE????........................YD.

I'm kali approved utard. Nothing but natural gas here. I'd like to put a stove in but don't think it is possible. Stupid multi level track home.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Mine's been burnin' for a week....I burn Lodgepole and throw in some dead Quaken Aspen every once in a while to keep the chimney clean...

LAST EDITED ON Oct-31-15 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]>>
>>
>> LOVE TO
>>FIRE UP THE OLE STOVE
>>HERE IN CALI. JUST
>>A BIT NIPPY IN THE
>>MORN, LOVE THE SMELL BURNING
>>WOOD........ALMOND
>> & PINE MOSTLY. WHAT DO
>>MOST OF YOU FELLAS BURN
>>FOR WOOD????
>>
>> ANYBODY ELSE
>>LOOK FORWARD TO FIRING OFF
>>THE OLE STOVE????........................YD.
>
>I'm kali approved utard. Nothing
>but natural gas here.
>I'd like to put a
>stove in but don't think
>it is possible. Stupid
>multi level track home.
>
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

It is too possible get your head out of your Arse and install one

But then again things like that don't happen from bed

2311idiot.jpg

I burn whatever the neighbor has stacked. Mostly oak and maple here in Wisconsin. Started the day today stacking wood in the basement for the winter. Great way to stay in shape cut your own wood.

First fire of the year.

3980stove001.jpg

Eel

Had a couple of rain soakings so it was just right for a little bonfire behind the house the other night.

Hoping my greenhouse gasses keep my Rocky Mountain friends a little warmer this winter...

bonfire_zpsj5mowyen.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom