First archery antelope

H

hunterbob

My son Chase got this one this morning. The taxidermist green scored it at 84 4/8. Nice ivory tips on it.
433f303f285ebfca.jpg

433f3054287fbfca.jpg

433f3068288bcab9.jpg

Nice mass! I missed one today because of a nasty crosswind. Didn't have nearly the mass of this one.

Wow! Great 'lope! It does have amazing mass, but I don't see it reaching 84" though. Hmm... Oh well, that is a gorgeous looking antelope and more so because of the bow! Congrats!

I didn't measure it, the taxidermeist did so that is all I can go by. When we get it back I'll let you know the offical score. Regardless what the score is, nice archery antlope.
Bob

Congrats on a great antelope!
Love the mass, but also question the score? Doesn't matter though, put 'em on the wall! :)

Lien2

With that mass and awesome hooks I'll bet he goes what the taxidermist says. I had a client take a 13 1/2" goat yesterday that scores 76 because of great mass and prong length. What state? thanks for posting and congrats, especially with a bow!!
Jeff

Nice archery animal.

So far I have found that it is very difficult to tell the score of antelope on this forum. I do not know if we all over estimate or just do not know how to score. I will be posting pics in a few weeks of an antelope my friend took in Wy. It is only 14 inches tall but has two 7 inch measurements for mass below the prong and only a 5 inch prong. It is very symmetrical on both sides and I measured it at grossing 82 inches. It seems to me this is too high of a score for the animal so I will let you guys try also.

I went to the taxidermist tonight and here is what we came up with. The horns have sat for three days now. I came up with 83 4/8. I thhink I am short on the D-2 measurement because both sdes have a small point on them. So here it is. No matter what the score, it is a nice buck.
Bob

SEE OTHER SIDE FOR INSTRUCTIONS COLUMN 1 COLUMN 2 COLUMN 3
A.Tip to Tip Spread 4 3/8 Right Horn Left Horn Difference
B.Inside Spread of Main Beams 9 4/8
C. Length of Horn 15 3/8 14 7/8 4/8
D-1. Circumference of Base 6 6/8 6 7/8 1/8
D-2. Circumference of First Quarter 7 1/8 6 7/8 2/8
D-3. Circumference at Second Quarter 4 4 0
D-4. Circumference at Third Quarter 3 4/8 3 2/8 2/8
E. Length of Prong 6 2/8 6 2/8
Totals 43 41 7/8 1 3/8
ADD Column 1 43
Column 2 41 7/8
Subtotal 84 7/8
SUBTRACT Column 3 1 3/8
FINAL SCORE 83 4/8

No matter the score, that's a great buck, especially for a first buck, and with a bow nonetheless - Congratulations!

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

>I had a client take a
>13 1/2" goat yesterday that
>scores 76 because of great
>mass and prong length.
>Jeff

Don't mean to hijack any part of this thread, but i thought I would throw this out for example.....Here's my 2005 ND Goat.....only 13.5" also.....weak prongs but the height of them got me into the mid-mass measurements........grossed 75 4/8"

17390100_0418-med.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom