First antelope

K

kelcher

This one is no record breaker, but he will look nice on my wall.

2932004_Pronghorn_3_Small_-med.jpg

I'd be proud of him especially since you got him with your bow. Congratulations on a fine first goat. Thanks for sharing the pic.

That is a great goat especially with a bow....congrats...... Allen Taylor......

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-04 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]No need to be anything but proud of that buck. Very respectable. Especially with a bow. He sure looks great to me. How bout a story? Location? Inches?

First Antelope, and with a bow no less! That must have been very exciting indeed. I would be proud too.

Steve

I got him in Wyoming just past the Black Hills. I don't have a great story to tell because he kinda' surprized me while I was in my blind. He sure gave me a nice 30 yard shot though. As for inches, I never measured him. He looks like an average goat to me though, maybe 12 inches long. After three years of trying I sure wasn't going to pass him up. Good luck everybody.

I got my 1st tag this year. I would be happy to take a good looking goat like that. Good job.

Great job and you did it the hard way! That will make a wonderful mount that you will enjoy for the years to come.

Were you in the Thunder Basin NG or farther north? Heading up there next Wednesday for our rifle hunt on public land.

Yep, we were in the Thunder Basin area. It was dry as a bone out there. From what I saw the rifle hunters are not going to have any problem mopping up on antelope out there unless they are holding out for a book buck. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom