Fires

JPickett

Long Time Member
How have they changed your plans? I’m watching one that is still far enough away I think I’ll be good for elk . I don’t start hunting till the 16th every year so time for it to get better or worse over the next two weeks.

Anyone have to give up your hunt over these?

Had Sawtooth A switched to Pioneer. No fire YET in the actual area I hunt, access has been closed from all directions. Hopefully B tag holders be ok.

Still waiting to get into my area in the Sawtooth zone. My camera probably has a 1000 pics lol. I'm going to try a new area in the zone that's not affected.

I feel for the guys who have Sawtooth zone tags this yr. That fire isn't going to get contained until October. Sunday night in the Pioneer unit, we had winds and lightning. Fortunately later we got some good rain. But that country is dry, over timbered, and has nothing to slow fire down except the change of seasons.

Pray the rain this week is real. Had a fire start Sat and blow up Monday.

As for how it has changed our plans, the answer changes daily.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom