Fire extinguisher, best buy??

sageadvice

Long Time Member
My last decent one went with the truck and fire that it helped put out. Looking for advice on a good decent quality replacement unit that i can mount behind the seat of my pickup. I have had use for one three different times in my day, IMO, every rig ought to have one handy.

Quantity, Quality, and Cost, main things to consider. Would help if i could order on-line. Thanks!!

Joey

Nothing worse than a repaired, partially burned truck....get your kids out and let it burn to the ground.

JB

That truck was paid for and Clean, a 77 3/4 ton Chev, balanced and blued built 454, 8000lb ramsey pto, hidaway gooseneck, lots of extra goodies with 82K origional miles on it. My cabover camper was on it at the time and it was all packed for anything from a steelhead salmon trip to the coast to a muley elk hunt to Wyoming, i mean all packed, guns, rods, gear, and all ready to roll.

Fire started from a small break in the power steering high pressure line, sprayed fluid on the manifold, KaWoof!! I got busy real fast, got it out and saved much other than the hoses, belts, ...plastic stuff under the hood. I was a mess, so was the engine compartment, i'm no wrench, Junked her, motor, winch and all for a grand.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom