FINALLY!!

never_catch

Long Time Member
Some of you may remember my rant about rangefinders a few months ago, and a year ago, and a few years ago...for quite a while I've been looking for a rangefinder I can use for bowhunting with GREAT glass in ANY lighting condition, as well as super accurate with incline/decline/ARC technology.

I can finally say I've found it!! I still had some doubts prior to making the purchase but after talking to MM's AWHOLELOTTABULL, I trusted he had looked thru many of the rangefinders on the market and he felt the new Vortex Ranger 1000 was the best he'd ever looked thru. I bought it and Jim was nice enough to meet my friend with it since I was out of state and wouldn't be able to pick it up. Thank you a ton for that Jim!!

I went bowhunting last week and had to learn how to use the Ranger 1000 as I hunted since I had no time to do so before the hunt. I can honestly say that it was very user friendly switching thru the different options!! I didn't use the owner manual once and had it figured out within a half hour.

Lowlight very first night I had a couple small bucks feeding below me at 80 yards, I pulled up and was easily able to find them with the rangefindger...as soon as I pushed the button I realized I needed the brightness level on low though because the red display was glowing too brightly to see anything else :D after a few seconds of adjusting that I was able to range them no problem at all. On a bright sunny day I needed to be on the high or middle brightness setting.

My Hoyt Carbon Element has a 4 pin CBE sliding sight and everytime I ranged with the Ranger 1000, I slammed the target no problem with my bow...so I am 100% happy with the accuracy!!

I love the red display as well!! In low light I would have had a tougher time reading the display but the red made it very easy to read!!

The thing that surprised me the most was the size of this thing!! I figured it was going to be bigger than it was...boy was I happy to be wrong!! This is IMO a tiny rangefinder compared to most I've used in the past!! I clipped it onto the side of my Badlands bino harness. It never got in my way once and was easily accessible any time I needed it.
Here's a pic of mine with a pair of Oakley sunglasses to show how small it is...
1414ranger1000.jpg

Thank you Jim, AWHOLELOTTABULL, for setting me up with the rangefinder I've been looking for the past few years!! Much appreaciated brotha!! :D

~Z~

Good review. I found the nikon to have poor glass and it doesn't compensate enough for steep angles with my bow, ie 70 yard steep down hill it would say shoot like 60 yards, but my 50 yard pin is what actually hit the target.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom