Finally...It's done! (pic heavy)

GLEDEASY

Earlier in the week I posted a question for advice on how to go about refinishing a log bed. Some had asked to see pics when completed so here it goes.

We bought it at a yard sale that was held as a fundraiser for a young boy who had cancer. Anyway after about 14 hours this week of sanding, burning, and staining it is done. I want to thank my wife for being so darn patient with me as every spare moment I had I was working on this thing.

These first few pics show it as we bought it.
978img_0442.jpg

9856img_0443.jpg

5199img_0445.jpg

Before sanding I took it all apart piece by piece. It took about 9 hours of sanding all by hand. When done I was exhausted and a mess.
4453img_0448.jpg

6858img_0447.jpg

The morning of the 4th I decided to do my own fireworks.
3460img_0449.jpg

8066img_0451.jpg

And finally it is completed and ready to take up to the cabin this weekend to give as a present to my mom and dad. The only other thing I was potentially thinking of doing was putting an elk antler on the foot board.
8283img_0453.jpg

9173img_0454.jpg

Nice work looks brand new, your parents should be pleased. I agree with your addition though, if its going in a cabin an antler or some such dressing would be nice.

Thanks guys, I really like how it turned out. I was a little bummed though when putting it together last night and realized that some of the wooden plugs are missing. Not too big of a deal though. I am still thinking about putting an antler on it. I don't have any descent elk antlers at the moment. Thought about putting a couple of deer on it. Guess I'll just have to play around with it some time in the future.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom