Finally H.C.s

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
We are getting our annual Hatch Chili Roast at Broulims this week. In honor of that I'm making some Hatch Green Chili Stew. I will get a picture later when done. Anyway I'm happy they are being shipped here. The Cabelas Sealer and maybe Freeze dry some too.

Hatch Green Chili Salsa, red potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, pork shoulder chunks, chicken broth, salt. One more hour to cook veggies til tender.
20240806_172812.jpg

Yes sir, thats right up my alley. Well done. Cooking a bunch of it now and freezing for Hunting season.
Do you can, freeze, freeze dry ? It is a good meal for hunting.. I used 505 Hatch Chili in a bottle from Costco because we were out of Hatch Chili's. It was medium and almost too hot but that made it good. We will buy a box of medium roasted and a box of mild roasted on Friday.

Do you can, freeze, freeze dry ? It is a good meal for hunting.. I used 505 Hatch Chili in a bottle from Costco because we were out of Hatch Chili's. It was medium and almost too hot but that made it good. We will buy a box of medium roasted and a box of mild roasted on Friday.
I freeze it. I'll cook everything except potatoes as they don't freeze well, I just boil up potatoes same time I'm heating up the rest of the stew and add them at mealtime.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom