Finally got my Antelope

A

archerelk

Well, I am back. After 3 rough days, I finally got an antelope. It wasn't the one I wanted, but none the less it was my 1st antelope, and I am happy. The outfitter did an outstanding job. In 3 days I had 12 shot opportunities on trophy quality bucks. Needless to say after the 12 shot, I figured out that my scope was bad. Switched rifles, and bam, the next buck I saw was dead. Thanks to Chuck Kierstead of outlaw-outfitters. He hung in there with me. I also saw more nice Muley bucks in 3 days then I have ever seen. Needless to say, I will be using him for my mule deer hunt next year.

I have photos if anyone would be willing to help me post them. Nothing spectacular, but tried to not make them look like crime scene photos.

Blair

Here are the pictures for you Blair, congrats to you on your first Antelope. Maybe some day I will try for you of them.
What state were you hunting in?
blair1.jpg

blair2.jpg

I was hunting in Mellette County South Dakota. I know I brought home the small one, but I had 1 hour left in the hunt before I had to head home. After all the missed shots, I decided if it had horns it would go down.

I missed one buck at 200 yards bedded that was the largest goat I had ever seen. The outfitter agreed, he had never seen it before, and thought it was the largest he had ever seen as well. The small buck I ended up taking certainly was not a reflection of the guides skills.

I was happy. It was a great way to end the hunt. Next year I am going to stick with what works. My 30-06 has killed my last four critters. I thought going out and spending a ton of money on high end firearms and optics would help me shoot. Lesson learned, time to realize the old savage model 110 is all I need.

Blair

Blair, Congratulations on your first antelope. I remember my first one. They are all exciting to hunt and great eating! What's fun is there is always next year.

Thank you for your post and pics

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom