Finally Drew a Moose!

N

nbjbhunterman

Well I finally drew a moose tag in Utah. I would appreciate some advice on what my minimum should be when I harvest the moose and I would really like to see as many pictures as you guys can provide. Thank you very much.

mule.gif

NBJB

NBJB,

In '87 My dad drew a LE Moose in Cache. There are still some great moose around. His was 47" wide, but didn't have a lot of points. It was still a great moose. If you drew in the N.Utah, I would be happy to help you. Just reply or sent me a PM.

Woodruffhunter

Shoot him close to a forklift. Thats the only advise I have for you. : )

Thank you and I will go and rent one. All of this info is so valuable!

mule.gif

NBJB

so which unit, my bro drew ogden last year (non resident) his bull just hit the 50 inch mark and made book by a few points I shot mine back in 94 did not know as much back then mine wasn't as good. there are good bulls out there just have to be patient and put in time and effort.

nbjbhunterman

When I drew my permit in 1999 (Ogden) I set a goal of 45" and P&Y book. Scouted a few times until I found the one. I was lucky enough to harvest him a week later when my hunt started. He was actually 48" wide and P&Y score of 147 7/8. I would post a picture, but I don't have a web site that I can download too.

Smokepole

Learn how to properly score them from photos, you would hate to be way off and have someone call BS on you.

Nemont

I guess the score would depend if you use one "our" Montana tapes or one of your tapes.

smokepole....if you would email that pic(s) to me, i would be happy to post them for you...would love to see'em..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom