Finally an organization to get behind…

SS!

Long Time Member
As someone who has to face white privilege daily it’s refreshing to see something like this:

Too bad people pimp out what could be a legitimate thing. Check out the”ally pledge” and if you feel really guilty about your privilege you might just be good enough one day.

Just more racism. Socially acceptable racism but racism none the less. I’d love to introduce hunting to people that haven’t had the chance. Their color makes no difference to me. Unlike these clowns

Last edited:

"We dismantle barriers to entry for hunters of color by providing educational opportunities, mentorships, and resources for new hunters."

What "barriers" would that be?

"Show your support through financial donations".

Oh, that one!

There is definitely room for all different types and colors of people in the hunting community! We will complain and ridicule them just like we do everyone else :D No playing favorites here...

Red, yellow, black, or white as long as you ain't sitting in MY hunting sport we're golden. MY sport is MY privilege.

For the record, Im very proud of my privilege and the privilege I’ve provided for my children through a life time of incredibly hard work. Think I need to start a new hash tag

#privileged&proud

For the record, Im very proud of my privilege and the privilege I’ve provided for my children through a life time of incredibly hard work. Think I need to start a new hash tag

#privileged&proud
Before I bow to your privilege, can you post a copy of your video you use to train Mexicans to use an outhouse?

Hows that working? Figured out why they wipe chit on your outhouse yet? :ROFLMAO:

#privileged&proud
That’s very white of you

Before I bow to your privilege, can you post a copy of your video you use to train Mexicans to use an outhouse?

Hows that working? Figured out why they wipe chit on your outhouse yet? :ROFLMAO:
Mine has a lock on it. They want to sit in there own chit that’s there prerogative.

And I’ll take the Mexicans on my jobs any day. Usually my biggest problem is too many white guys

Mine has a lock on it. They want to sit in there own chit that’s there prerogative.

And I’ll take the Mexicans on my jobs any day. Usually my biggest problem is too many white guys
So you have a line on some good tamales?

Hope the get the opportunity to visit some indigenous peoples land. Be a great learning experience.

As for the rest of the land, guess they should have fought harder?

I guess I can see why you made that comment though. I suppose I conflated “tags for people of color” with minorities.

I ask all the time.

Which indigenous people owned the land?

It's fun pretending history began only when European showed up.

I ask all the time.

Which indigenous people owned the land?

It's fun pretending history began only when European showed up.
When did Europeans show up? Clovis points have been found in middle of this country pre dating “native Americans” that style spear point has connections to France. Soooo? Should we give the land to France?

Dammit guys you took my not so serious thread and made it serious. <sigh> another example of whitey keeping us down…

When did Europeans show up? Clovis points have been found in middle of this country pre dating “native Americans” that style spear point has connections to France. Soooo? Should we give the land to France?

Exactly.

I'm no historian, but I'm pretty sure the Utes didn't cross the Bering Sea Land Bridge. Yet, it's "their land" around here?

I looked at a few of the bios of the directors.

This looks a lot more like an attempt to suck in "BIPOC" kids to the Sierra Club, than a hunting group.

Never said I wasn’t. I was born in Alaska. That makes me native to it.does my color matter in that definition?
Whew…I was worried that you didn’t understand that much of that demographic information was used to allocate social equity programs. So if you’re a honkey racist, lying about your race can have just the opposite outcome of the intent.

But I can see you’re much more clever than that.(y)

Just put up a totem pole like I did. It's the ultimate virtue signal. Plus, you can gill net and hunt the Res.

RidgewoodTotem 003 (2).JPG

I’m completely lost now (paint chips). Who am I allied with?

Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC ) rather than talking over them *
Yes
I will be humble and open to correction *
Yes
I will listen more than I speak *
Yes
When I see something, I will say something; I will not be silent when a racial injustice (systemic or individual) occurs *
Yes
I will seek out ways to contribute my time and resources (financial and otherwise) to better BIPOC communities *
Yes
I will educate myself and others about the history of race and racism in my communities, even when it is uncomfortable *
Yes

will learn whose ancestral land I am living on, what happened to those Indigenous people, and how I can help with their current needs today *
Yes
I will not simply stand against racism; I will stand for justice *
Yes
I will seek to understand my privilege and how I can leverage it for the good of people with less privilege *
Yes
I will intentionally practice anti-racism daily *
Yes
I will purposefully examine my own biases and challenge my presuppositions *
Yes
I will fight my ability to be apathetic about issues that do not directly affect me *
Yes
I will not center myself by boasting about my allyship *
Yes
I will support BIPOC-led movements without co-opting them *
Yes
I will fight my urge to be defensive when someone says I hurt them, and instead will practice saying, “I am sorry, I will learn and do better next time.” *
Yes
I understand that anti-racism and allyship are not a fixed point, but a daily effort, and I pledge to take up that effort starting today until my last day, or until we achieve racial equity for all. *
Yes

We will be needing you to check yes on each point to prove your sorrow for your whiteness?
All I did was ask someone for an update on their porta john training program. He has boasted about it here before so I was curious how it was going. Sorry I offended you :ROFLMAO:

You really don’t think someone with as much lead exposure as me (I siphoned gas!:eek:) is going to read all that jibberish, do you?:sleep:

All I did was ask someone for an update on their porta john training program. He has boasted about it here before so I was curious how it was going. Sorry I offended you :ROFLMAO:

Not enough.

I'll need to to strive to do better in the future?

When I see something, I will say something; I will not be silent when a racial injustice (systemic or individual) occurs *
Yes

so i've been watching the supreme court nomination hearings...

VP, and now SCOTUS member.

Women "of color", who are very interested in whiteness, and systemic racism.

Both married to white dudes.

It's almost as if they don't buy the "racism ingrained in whiteness" theory

I'm almost to the point of forgiving Native Americans for owning black slaves. No, I will never forgive them.

When you think of the Trail of Tears, you likely imagine a long procession of suffering Cherokee Indians forced westward by a villainous Andrew Jackson. Perhaps you envision unscrupulous white slaveholders, whose interest in growing a plantation economy underlay the decision to expel the Cherokee, flooding in to take their place east of the Mississippi River.

What you probably don’t picture are Cherokee slaveholders, foremost among them Cherokee chief John Ross. What you probably don’t picture are the numerous African-American slaves, Cherokee-owned, who made the brutal march themselves, or else were shipped en masse to what is now Oklahoma aboard cramped boats by their wealthy Indian masters. And what you may not know is that the federal policy of Indian removal, which ranged far beyond the Trail of Tears and the Cherokee, was not simply the vindictive scheme of Andrew Jackson, but rather a popularly endorsed, congressionally sanctioned campaign spanning the administrations of nine separate presidents.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom