FILLMORE OAK CREEK LATE

R

rsjones65

MY DAD DREW A LATE RIFLE TAG THIS YEAR AND HE IS GETTING UP THERE IN AGE 78 YEARS YOUNG. ANY POINTERS WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

This is the bull I killed on Oakcreek in November 09!

89512009_utah_bull_010.jpg

My dad drew an early tag - he is 68. We've drawn out several times. It's a hard hunt but pretty fun. Good luck to you guys.

LAST EDITED ON May-20-11 AT 07:09PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/5733img_20101121_084534[1].jpg

This is the bull I took on the late hunt last year. Hard hunt for sure. Will send you a pm with info if needed but I'm sure mlycrzy already told you all the hot spots. But if you need just shoot me a pm.

Legacy congrats on your dad getting a tag as well! And in the early hunt to boot! Heard that it is great in the early hunt.

Again congrats on the tag, no matter waht you will have a memorable hunt. I sure did.

Just realized my pic didn't post, my bad.

8561dsc02824.jpg

4171dsc02830.jpg

This is mlycrzy and I posing for the camera.

LAST EDITED ON May-26-11 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]My friend and I just drew this tag, we put in with only 2 points not expecting to draw but were surprised to see that his credit card was hit. We both are avid hunters but have never taken a decent bull and we don't have the patience or time to hold out for some of the premium elk units in the state. We're not expecting to shoot a 350-400 inch bull, it'd be nice but not reality, we'd be happy with a decent 5 or 6 point if possible. With a new baby due the end of June my time in the field will be limited so any information on the hunt and the coutnry and what to expect would be appreciated. We're definitely not looking for anybody's honey hole, but with not being familiar with the territory and limited time to scout any help on where to spend the time we have would be helpful.

mlycrzy---That left side of your bull looks like the pedicel for the main beam was almost down in the bulls eye socket. He's really weird what with lacking brows and having that short projection right behind the main pedicel. It's good you got him out of the gene pool so he couldn't pass those traits on.

My son took a bull on that unit where the antler came forward, turn and ran down his side. Seen a few bulls each year like that, always on left side. Some have a spike and this picture looks like it. Something in the genes seems to cause this funny growth.

There is definately a gene trait that causes these "funky" bulls on the Oak Creek. I have talked to several people including locals who have seen multiple bulls with similar looking headgear over the years.

I was pumped to take this bull. If given the chance at one like him and a 6 point about the same size I would take the unique bull hands down. Good luck to those with a tag. Its always fun to chase these critters no matter where you're at.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom