FFL accepting from individual in UT

GLEDEASY

I know there may be a better forum to put this in but figured this would more than likely get the most traffic.

I'm working out a possible trade for a rifle. Need an FFL not too far from Nephi that will accept from an individual. The only FFL I have used close by only accepts from another FFL.

Thanks

Gled if your trading a guy for a gun here in Utah. You just take it to a gun store and pay them to register it for you.

Thanks John. It will be coming from out of state.

Maybe I just need to come visit down your way and use the FFL I use to work at.

Jake Ervin
850 W 1400 N
Orem, UT 84057
FFL Transfer Fee: $15.00
801-310-5057
Transfers and special orders without the special high fees. 7.50 added for non CFP check

Jake is a stand up guy and Orem P.D. He usually works graves but give him a call/send him a text he will take care of you. I know its a drive from Nephi but he is worth it. I would also like to point out if its a instate trade I would go to utah gun exchange and download their bill of sale, print two copys and in the cost section write in trade it has a place for their id or ccw # this leaves a paper trail.

Gled you can do it here in Delta either at Ace or Delta Sports. Also there is no registering of firearms in Utah so what Bigjohn said is a little misleading. Private in state sales as you know need no ffl. I would let any gunstore who won't accept from an individual know that they are living in the dark ages and wouldn't be getting any future business from me.

Thanks for the info so far guys. If there are any others please let me know. What John said may not be necessary, but I had customers that wished for that very thing. Put them at ease I guess. I see no reason why a FFL wouldn't accept as long as it came with the seller's state DL/ID.

Not sure, but I think Barnes Bullets just up the street in Mona used to have a FFL. Not sure if they will work with you or not, but it would be a short drive if they will.

If you have to go threw the store down here. We can get it up to you after you got the paper work done. I have been to fish lake the last two weekends. I guess you where there to.
We go up north a bit to. We may be headed up on Thursday. Can you get it done that fast ? ;-)

John that wouldn't work either. He would have to be present at the gunshop to fill out the 4473 do the background and he would have to take possession of the gun himself.

Doing a two party private transaction at a gunstore is redundant. It doesn't register anything, it just logs the gun in and out on the gunstores ffl logbook. As said above, get a bill of sale and make sure they are legal to own said firearm and have them sign a statement saying so on the bill of sale. That is how you CYA.

>Gled, be happy to help you.
>Im here in Santaquin and
>do transfers all the time.
>Send me a PM.

TR, sent you a PM.

Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom