Felony over a 161" deer???

Something doesn’t add up to me, I believe there’s more to the story that’s not public knowledge. Trespassing while hunting in Idaho is a mandatory loss of license for one year but not to exceed three years.

If the guy had a valid license & deer tags I don’t see the felony charges for poaching an animal he had a tag for? Again, might be more to the story that’s not public knowledge at this point??

If what he did was true. I hope he receives the maximum sentence for his crime. I know from past experiences that [some] people south of Idaho, feel trespassing laws don’t apply to them. They have a bogus list of excuses, hoping you won’t go through with prosecuting them.

Honest mistakes can be made. But if this guys guilty of all the trespassing charges he’s been alleged to have committed in the past. I hope they throw the book at him!

I saw a pic of the buck on day this went down, granted it was laying sideways over an ATV but sure looked much bigger than 161" to me and others.

I had F&G call me couple years ago to see if I'd be willing to press charges on a guy they had caught shooting "trophy buck" on my place. I had just spent ~35 days hunting a "lifetime" draw tag for a trophy buck and ate my tag seeing only one 180sh buck so I was pretty griped and hell yah I'll press charges! When I saw pics of the buck it looked like about a 150" 2-3yo 4pt that I'm sure I'd seen a gazillion times. At the time I kind of scoffed at the trophy buck description not realizing it was an actual legal descriptor/modifier for the charges. Apparently after shooting buck at my place the fellar shot a couple more deer in a neighboring unit and his family turned him in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom