Feetsies are rested...

We've had 75-85 degree weather here all Fall Longun!

Good Luck!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Longun, you know where i live, the kind of country it is, and i do like it here but seeing the two big critters that you brought in this year really make me envious that you can pull resident tags like that.

Congrats!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-15 AT 01:42AM (MST)[p]Okay Boys and Girls here's the story and I'm sticking to it...
My falling partner buddy from fortuna, CA got a Non-Res Elk Tag
and wanted to kill a bull this time.....so opening morning we are waiting for daylight at the jumping off place for our 6 mile walkabout...9 different guys start walking in the dark...I said no worries lots of room in there..so we take off at daylight I stay high and he stays low and we are paralling this basin...meanwhile it sounds like opening day of duck season on the klamath national wildlife refuge...about 9:00 pm below me are 3 shots...he shoots a BAR with a magna-port and you can tell that thing is going off....so I wait about 5 minutes in case something come towards me and then I start down to him...(we are typical hillbilly logger types----no walkie talkies---no water--got a pocket knife apiece and gunload for our rifles--WE ARE READY TO GO ELK HUNTING!!) So after hollering at him for the third time(WE ARE BOTH DEAF FROM RUNNING POWER SAWS FOR 20 years) he answers back..I'm excited cause I'm pretty sure he's got a bull....I find him wandering around looking for blood..
He tells me he shot at the biggest 6 point he ever shot at before and the first 2 shots were neck shots...only thing he could see peering around a tree at him at about 100 yards.
He said his last shot was the bull just turned around and walked off....
We find no blood after looking for about an hour...so I asked
what do you want to do..KEEP HUNTIN! he said..So I told him I'm going back up to where I was at and then head out...
Elk sign is everywhere and about 11:00 am I here something get
up close in front of me so I ran to the end of this small canyon bluff and park my butt on a blowdown...pretty quick I see this Bull kind of shuffling up the other side of the canyon at about 250 yards and I got a dead rest on my knees
and open up...walk down to him and say GEEZE that's a nice Bull!!
My buddy shows up while I'm gutting him and I ask is this the bull you were shooting at???...HOLY CRAP NO!! that Bull was way bigger than the one I was shooting at...I scored him at 352 if he wouldn't of had 2 broken tines...but scored 336 with broke stuff...he was so old his ivories were wore down to nuthin...
After packing this guy out a horseback my buddy killed a nice spike in the same area..and we packed him out the next day...So we had a good time hunt for a couple of old farts..

Sage this is the reason I left the West Coast 20 years ago...and I have had Gen Deer and Elk tags ever since here in Wyoming..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom