Feels good to be back

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
The last few years there's have been some events in my life that triggered myself to go through depression (a few of you here know)..During that crappy time I went through the motions of doing what I loved such as hunting and fishing but the fire was not there...Long story short I'm doing good and things are better off now for myself and the ones involved.. I have also lost 46 pounds and got the fire back in me to do what I love to do..

Over a week ago My bro and I backpacked into the high country for the rifle opener.. We didn't pull the trigger but had a blast for 5 days up there.. I watched a forky and a 3 pt with several 4-6" cheaters at his bases feed 350 yards below our glassing spot for 20 minutes... I may regret not shooting him (after all it's CA) but I wanted to see what else that basin had to offer.. Anyway here's some pics of the trip..

One of several lakes we passed by..

a6b8fb0f.jpg

A bear I glassed up and watched for a bit... Crappy pic it was close to 1/2 mile away..

014fa8d8.jpg

Another Lake..

4f031ffc.jpg

My bro found someone's stash in a drainage... From the exp. dates on some items it had been there for at least 8 years.

2686ae96.jpg

Another lake..

652ab378.jpg

Catching lunch was easy..

7c3a964d.jpg

af3ff6af.jpg

Snow cave from run off..

a328a242.jpg

Glassing a basin, My bro is looking at some deer and trying to see what they were before the clouds moved in on us..

46d8f264.jpg

This is the view from our camp, this lake was on the edge of a cliff..

877d13ae.jpg

Sunset..

0276e4c1.jpg

Resting my feet..

a733fdf3.jpg

33133dd9.jpg

Another lake..

725485b6.jpg

d689d3b4.jpg

We met a couple guys in there that packed in 2 days after we had been there.. I was worried that they were gonna hunt our area but they said they planned on it but since we were there they would give us space and hunt a different basin.. We herd them shoot one late morning and a few hours later they came back to camp with a bear...

682ece65.jpg

That night they came and invited us over for Bear ribs and backstraps.. There was no grill so we cooked them on flat granite rocks...It worked fine and tasted great..

ade9531b.jpg

My bro, loaded up and packing out

d45dad30.jpg

07cbde41.jpg

I plan on heading back in in the next couple weeks

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Nice Snort!

Think I'd take the Brook Trout over the Bear Ribs!:D

Good Luck on the Buck Hunt!

For "GOSH" Sakes,We got "TARDS" on this Site that can't handle a Damn,I Mean DANG thing,maybe MM should add a Church/Biblical Forum for the MM'ers that can't handle the Hunting Forums?
Pfffffffffff............!!!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

:p

I'm really glad things are going well; good for you!!
I went through rough stretch for a while and it is great to get back to what you love doing!!!!

Looks like a great trip!!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-11 AT 05:38PM (MST)[p] HEY SNORT...........LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TRIP, WITH SOME TASTY FISH & BEAR. SNORT ...THESE ARE TOUGH TIMES FOR A LOT OF GOOD FOLKS, AND THINGS DONT SEEM TO BE GETTIN MUCH BETTER. A LOT OF FOLKS I KNOW ARE JUST TRYING TO WEATHER THE STORM. GLAD YOUR BACK.....& HANG IN THERE. (what area where you in on your pack trip ??).........GOOD LUCK............YD.

Spending a few days and nights in that kind of back country well cure what every is ailing ya! Beautiful places and great photos. Thanks for sharing bucksnort.

DC

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-11 AT 06:07PM (MST)[p]Bucksnort...great photos and happy you are back among us. What camera did you use for these photos?

Thanks for all the compliments...

YD , we were East of Courtright

6ppc , Most were taken with a Canon Powershot that fits in my pocket but there were a couple that I also took with my cell phone and an older Olympus 2100uz (Much lighter than my full size Canon SLR) that I pack on these types of hunts.

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Great pics Snort, glad your back on track..... I dumped about 30lbs in the last 6 months and that alone was the accomplishment of year :) I cant imagine another 16 although I could probably use it... You guys would be welcome at my camp anytime.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Good that your back out there doing what you enjoy. Those photos you took were great, beautiful country.

Hope you seal the deal when you go back and hang that tag on a nice buck.

It's amazing how the high country can make you feel. It truely has a way of curing what ails you. was wondering what type of camera your using to take those great pics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom