February Goats in Utah

U

UTMuleyhunter

Goats were down low yesterday, so I took the opportunity to hike up to them. Beautiful animals. 40+ goats in the herd.

9062goat3.jpg

7728img_1448.jpg

8878img_1444.jpg

Here are two more photos from that hike, just to get a feel for what these animals live in. Amazing to watch them move around through the rocks like they are walking on a flat sidewalk.

3 in the lower right-

3309goats4.jpg

More along the cliff line-

7123goats6.jpg

there down low but still in some rugged country, really neat animal. great photos,

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-12 AT 11:02AM (MST)[p]Cool Pics!
Those little fur balls are a great Utah Success Story. 18 years ago we didn't have enough RM goats to have a hunt and last year we issued over 130 permits!
Those pictures celebrate something that went right!
Thanks for sharing UTMuley.

I seen what I think is the same bunch a week ago. I counted 39 They were all in a heard together then I stopped by a few days later and they were scattered over a pretty good area. Nice pics. I took a couple pics but nothing like you took. I was a ways off.

Nice pics.

Rutnbuck

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. Kind of funny that I have lived the past 7 years at the base of these mountains and I have never had a chance to get that close. I have never seen so many grouped together and down as low as they were that day. However, as soon as the sun starts going down, they disperse up into the nasty rocks.

A few years back, a sickly goat came down into the neighborhood. I heard the DWR came and put her down. It was one of the originally planted goats on Willard Peak.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom