Favre Time Line 2010

Feleno

Long Time Member
brett-favre-crying.jpg

Jan 24 ? Throw inexcusable pick to blow Vikings Super Bowl chances.
Jan 25 ? Announce that ?It's highly unlikely? you'll come back to play again in 2010. Cry.
Feb 1 ? Do interview with Peter King. Tell him ?no decision? has been made, but ?Deanna and I are going home to Mississippi? and give it some thought. Fish for compliments by telling King how banged up I am. Be sure to mention that this gets harder every year.
Feb 1-9 ? Quality time with family. Also monitor the web for speculation about my future.
Feb 10 ? Leak to John Clayton I'm retiring.
Feb 11 ? Deny reports about my retirement.
Feb 15 ? Formally announce my retirement in teary press conference. Don?t forget to say ?I don't have anything left? and ?I gave it everything I had.? Cry.
Feb 15-19 - Keep schedule clear to watch ?Brett Favre Tribute Week? on ESPN. TiVo same on NFL Net.
March 1 ? Call Adam Schefter to start ?second thoughts? rumors.
March 2 ? Deny second thoughts.
March 12 ? Schedule press conference to announce the rumors are not true.
March 14 ? Deny ever scheduling a press conference to announce the rumors are not true.
March 15 ? Dinner out with Vikings ownership.
March 16 ? Call Minneapolis Star Tribune. Say ?This is the best I've felt in 10 years.?
March 20 ? Call in with ?Mike & Mike.? Insist you're not coming back but if you did you could compete at a high level.
March 27 ? Start rumors about returning to Green Bay.
March 28 ? Deny starting rumors about returning to Green Bay.
April 22-24 ? NFL Draft. Encourage Vikings to draft a QB because you're done.
April 30-May 3. Skip mini camp.
May 30 ? Have agent contact Vikings about a new contract.
June 1 ? Tell ESPN ?I'm not sure? about coming back.
July 24 ? Training camp opens. Go fishing in Lousiana.
August 5 ? Release workout pictures.
Aug 24 ? Sign record contract.
Aug 25 - Report to Vikings camp. Tell press ?I'm here to win.? Say you don't want the focus to be on you. Cry.

Pretty sure he's got a two year contract still. As good of a year as he's had it would be difficult not to come back. His body may tell him otherwise. He put some asses in the stands so why wouldn't they want him back? For $12 million a year I'd damm sure be back. Imagine the frenzy had he not thrown that last pick and they were headed to the superbowl. One more year baby.

I don't think its the physicallity that keeps Favre away from the game if he retires. I think it is the possibility of almost getting to the big game and throwing ANOTHER pick that costs them the game in 2011. He'd have to kill himself if he did that again. I'm sure he's thinking to himself, "Why didn't I just run the ball? Throw across my body? WTF was I thinking? We're in FG range." I don't think he'll want to put himself through the mental part of the game anymore.

Steve

56 yards is Not field goal range. Run the damn ball. 12 guys in the huddle? That cost them the game. Without that, they might of run the ball.

I can't help it, I'm a fan of the Brett Favre. I wish they could have won and he could have retired with dignity, now he has to try again next year.

I'm fond of ole Brett too. I remember the 98 super bowl that he helped my Broncos win with a pick and a fumble. Not that we didn't deserve to win but Brett helped out. Thaks Brett.

I bet Green Bay fans are saying "See we told you so! SUCKERS!!!"

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

He should stay on the tractor. Or, he could pick another team he feels has a chance. It's geting old.(pun intended) mtmuley

Deerlove- If Favres pass goes incomplete and they're on the 33 yardline....they punt? You think they'd punt? They'd go for the field goal I would imagine. I would think 56 yards could be in field goal range depending on if you don't want to give an explosive team like the Saints the ball back. I don't know. Nobody lost them the game but that definately hurt them.

Steve

I believe so. I wish My Vikes had got in but they laid the ball on the ground to many times to win.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Guy's like Bret Favre can hunt from my camp anytime.

The guy is an achiever with guts and passion and I could give a rat's donkey what team he plays for or what the final score was last week. His history says more to me about his life-time grit than a season or two at the end of his career.

I feel the same about Karl Malone, Jerry Rice, Tug McGraw and all the other guys that kicked butts throughout there careers. The rest of us would be lucky to have half their passion and fortitude. I have upmost respect and admiration for everyone of them.

If Bret Favre chooses to play again, I'll be cheering for him and I could care less who he's playing for. I support guys that will not back down, regardless of what the rest of us think.

Regarding this crying business. What a disappointing life it must be if your passion for something has never brought a tear to your eye.

DC

Well said lumpy.

It would be different if he would have struggled all year but this was one of his best years ever. I can't think of anyone else that would be more fun to hang out with than Brett. Great competitor. Great guy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom