Favorite Rock Band

philthy

Not sure if this is a "near and dear" subject since lots of people listen to country. I used to myself for years, but i've gone back to my rock n roll roots.

Debbie and I took my son and her grandson to see Rush this summer in Albuquerque. My 8th time seeing them, and everyone else's first. Hard to believe they've been together since 1973 (well, Neil Peart joined them in 74). It was cool to open the eyes of a 16, 18 and 51 year old's eyes. They were jamming in no time! Neil has been riding BMWs for several years and the details of his trips are simply amazing as documented in their life story DVD called "Beyond the Lighted Stage".

The double DVD is like 10 bucks now, but you can also check it out on youtube. You can also type in "Rush Time Machine Tour" to see how 3 guys in their late 50s are still enjoying what they do. Neil lost his daughter in a car accident and then his wife a few months later from a "broken heart". He left the band and put 55K miles on his bike...Belize to the Artic Circle. Fortunately, they got back together. You can read about his toils and tribulations on his website. He's got cooking stuff and the trip rerorts are listed under "news weather and sports"

www.neilpeart.com

I'm still pi$$ed they got beat out by ABBA for the rock and roll hall of fame. Can someone 'splain that to me???? ABBA???? I thought "Dancing Queen" was about the only hit they ever had.

Over MANY years, I've had the opportunity to see Styx, our buddy Ted Nugent, Kansas, Foreigner, Heart, AC/DC, .38 Special, Molly Hatchet...the list goes on and on. We even saw James Taylor about a year ago and it was friggin fantastic, but...

Rush is without a doubt my favorite band of all time. What say you?

Led Zeplen

Grand funk

Journey

Crosby, stills, nash, young

Not so rocky!!!

Marvin Gaye

Temptations

Smokey Robinson

Kenny Chesney

Martina Mcbride.

Rise Against

Avanged Sevenfold

The Used

The offspring, their older stuff

AcDc

Def Leppard

Those are my tops, I have so many favorites its hard to choose.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Avenged sevenfold

Rev theory

Pop Evil

Red Line Chemistry

Metallica

Godsmack

Stone Sour/Slipknot

Saving Abel

ACDC

Def Leppard

Motorhead

Nonpoint

Slash, GNR was really good. I really like his new stuff.

Sevendust

Papa Roach

Shinedown

Chevelle

Cavo

Pantera

Disturbed

Not neccesarily in that order. Rush?? Really??
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Hard to pick a favorite,, but i think Grateful Dead is right up there with the best of em..
I think Pearl Jam is the best band to hit the scene in the last 15 or so years though..

Only one I liked and have records of are Creedence Clearwater Survivor.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

ACDC (Especially Bon Scott era stuff)
Three Days Grace
Skillet
Seether
Metallica
Royal Bliss
Pink Floyd
Breaking Benjamin
Judas Priest

Not in any particular order...

Europe

Loverboy

Some of the aboved mentioned shouldn't be considered "rock bands" They should be considered speed or thrash in my opinion. I classify rock as a gentler guitar/keyboards/drum sound. Am I getting too specific? LOL!!

Steve
I got put in time out for a bad signature! Sorry Founder...

The Beattles

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Cream

The Moody Blues

Three Dog Night

Iron Butterfly

Simon and Garfunkel

Grand Funk Railroad

James Taylor

Don McClean

Jethro Tull

The Rolling Stones

The Animals

I've never heard of most of the groups these young punks named but these are are real classics.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-11 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]Crue

Tesla

Extreme

Def Leppard

Firehouse

Steelheart

Those were good days...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom