FAVORITE PRISON ESCAPE MOVIE

eldorado

Long Time Member
"Midnight Express" followed by "Escape from Alcatraz".
Brad Davis and Clint Eastwood where great in the main
roles of the fleeing convicts.

ELDORADO

Shawshank Redemption
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Hard to beat Shawshank. Though it was made into a movie, the book Papillon is one of the best books Ive ever read. The move was ok, but if you like prison escape stories, you need to read it.

Well I am partial to the movies based around real events, so probably my favorite was "The Great Escape", I am WWII nut. I liked Steve McQueen's character who kept breaking out and being brought back. Only part of the movie that wasn't really true was at the end where they executed the POW's, which was totally untrue. I guess you have to "Hollywood Up" everything to make it sell anymore, even back then. I also enjoyed "The Great Raid", which was the second largest POW rescue that took place in the Pacific campaign of WWII. That movie was a little more factual, there were some inconsistences but by and large it was pretty factual.
WVBOWAK

>Shawshank Redemption
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I liked the line where they were in the library sorting out the books when one comes across "The Count of Monte Crisco" by Andre "Dumbass". Andy corrects him and tells him it goes in the fiction section, then tells him he might like it since it is about a prison break. Morgan Freeman's character says, "Shouldn't it go in the hobby and how-to section". Classic humor.
WVBOWAK

My uncle was a German POW in WWII and he was involved with tunnel digging and all the planning that went into it so I'm a Great Escape fan. Plus Steve McQueen was awesome doing all his own stunts in the show. My uncle did say that Salag 17 was a more accurate portrayal of POW life. It's worth watching too.

TRH

The one about Claude Dallas!!!

Steve
I got put in time out for a bad signature! Sorry Founder...

Some what like a Prison and great escape was "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom