FAVORITE KIND OF LUBE???

B

bobcatbess

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-09 AT 02:08PM (MST)[p]NO SMACKDADDY,YOU DON'T NEED TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION!!!

I'VE RUN SEVERAL VEHICLES ON PENZOIL & NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS!!!

ONE VEHICLE HAS BEEN RUN ON MOTORCRAFT SYNTHETIC BLEND,120K+ & NO PROBLEMS!!!

GROCERY GETTER HAS BEEN RUN ON PENZOIL 175K+ MILES & HAS TURNED OVER 6,000 RPM EVERY DAY OF ITS LIFE,NO PROBLEMS & DOES NOT USE ANY OIL YET!!!

I'VE NEVER RUN ANY OF THE STRAIGHT SYNTHETIC OILS IN THE ENGINES/CRANK CASES!!!

NOT SAYING THEY AIN'T BETTER!!!

BUT I'M WEARING VEHICLES OUT LONG BEFORE THE ENGINES WEAR OUT ON REGULAR OILS!!!

SO IS IT WORTH IT???

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF LUBE???

I DO RUN MOSTLY SYNTHETIC OILS IN TRANSMISSIONS,TRANSFER CASES & DIFFERENTIALS!!!

SOMTIMES TO GET IN ON A PISSCUTTER IT TAKES SOME STEALTH!!!
I THANK MY FRIEND Feleno FOR THE STEALTH CAMO!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

uh....don't they come from the factory with oil in them already??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-09 AT 02:22PM (MST)[p]THAT REMINDS ME CUPSY!!!

YES THEY DO COME WITH LUBE ALREADY IN THEM!!!

ONE OF THE LOCAL JACKASSES BOUGHT A NEW FORD RANGER(YES A FORD!!!) FOR HIS WIFE A FEW YEARS AGO!!!

THE DEALER SAID IT DIDN'T NEED SERVICED UNTIL IT HIT 100K!!!

WELL AT 72K THE POS SIEZED UP!!!

AND THE OWNERS WERE MADDER THAN HELL!!!

YUP,72K ON THE ORIGINAL OIL!!!

MUST BE JUNK HUH???

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-09 AT 03:10PM (MST)[p]Ive been running synthetic in my F-350- tranny, transfer case, front and rearend since almost new. I just started running full synthetic in the diesel motor after 150,000 miles. I'm not sure what the change interval should be. I did change the oil at 5000 miles. I thought I'd change after 7000 miles? Is that too long with synthetic? Thoughts? BTW I use Mobile 1 Turbo Diesel.

_/|,[___]
|--_--o||||o
()_) ()_)---)_)

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

penz for me , have used it for years ,,,, used to use castrol and had trouble, used penz ever since,,,, although in my power joke as some here like to call em i use rotella t

Castrol in my gas rig and Rotella in my diesal rig. My f-250 powerstroke has almost 3000,000 miles and no problems yet besides some brakes. It still doesn't use oil either.

Conventional Valvoline for Punks, rigs.
I tried a "high mileage" synthetic oil and almost seized my motor with it!
I went to check the oil level one day about a month after i changed it and the dipstick was stuck inside the tube like it had been welded.....there was not even enough oil in the crank case to register on it when i finally got it out!!

In a nut shell, i learned that high mileage motors drink synthetic oil like Tageater drinks beer! Lol

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST mesquitehunter!!!

I'M BUYIN A FORD!!!

3000,000 MILES & STILL DOESN'T USE OIL???

I WANT YOUR TRUCK & A SET OF kilo's TIRES ON IT!!!

SEE CUPSY???

SOME FORDS MUST BE GOOD???

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

HEY PUNK???

I'VE HEARD OF THAT A FEW TIMES!!!

I BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS IS WHEN NOT ALL THE CONVENTIONAL OIL CAN BE DRAINED OUT IT MIXES WITH THAT SYNTHETIC & TURNS TO GUM/TAR!!!

THEN WHAT DO YOU DO!!!

I TORE DOWN AN ENGINE ONCE THAT WAS OWNED BY AN STP LOVER & GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY WHAT A GUMMED UP ENGINE!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I use synthetic in my pickup. Have 75,000 on it and it's fine. In all my farm equipment I run Mystic JT8 15-40. Have for years. Buy it by the barrel. NEVER had a problem with an engine running Mystik due to the oil that I can think of. And these are high output, high use, dirty use, sorely neglected tractors, swathers, harobeds, etc.

You either need to buy a toyota or run DELO in it. A friend of mine has a toyota with 300,000 miles on it and he hasnt even changed the oil for nearly five years...About delo it has a detergent in it that keeps the motor clean as a whistle. Delo wont give you the sludge and carbon build up under the intake and valves. But if you have a high mileage motor dont just pour it in because it will wash all that crap build up off and cause even worse problems.

A friend of mine has a toyota with 300,000 miles on it and he hasnt even changed the oil for nearly five years...

SOUNDS LIKE A HIGH MAINTENANCE CLEAN ONE OWNER UNIT???

I'VE HAD VEHICLES I DIDN'T REALLY LIKE BUT THEY ALL DESERVED OIL CHANGES ON TIME!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I've been using Castrol since 1989 with no problems.

I never drive over 65mph or over 3500 rpm. So maybe I don't even need oil?:)

I change it every 3000 miles or 3 months.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-09 AT 05:18PM (MST)[p]99 F350 Powerstroke
Delo 15-40
5K-10K between changes

still doesn't use oil or have any leaks.

I used German Castrol 0w30 till they quit making it. Used Mobil 1 a couple times. Now I use Amsoil & change my oil every October 1.

EVERY OCTOBER 1ST RATHER IT NEEDS IT OR NOT!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

HEY WapitiBob!!!

I DARE YOU BUY A NEW POWERJOKE & SEE IF YOU GET THE SAME KINDA SERVICE OUT OF IT AS YOU HAVE THE 99!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I personally used Penzoil, and i make sure to change it every 3000 miles in gas engines and 5000 miles in diesel engine. But the oil its self never becomes bad. Its the detergent that becomes bad and breaks down. The dude who has the special oil with special detergent, has just gotten lucky he has gotten no dirt into his engine because his detergent has long since broken down. The deterent picks up dirt and other contaminents. I dont use synthetics, my favorite of many auto teachers taught me that if you change on schedule you dont need special oils. Some people get lucky and run there cars without changing the oil. But I personally beleive in changing it and taking care of my car, besides who doesn't like getting their hands oily every so often.

TRUE WapitiBob!!!

BUT WHAT'YA GONNA DO WHEN THAT GOOD OLE FORD WEARS OUT???

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

when a drool job or spit is not going to work I use Quaker-State Ultimate Durability full syn..
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

My '91 Suburban has 298,000 and has run on Pennzoil synthetic, in everything that needs oil, since day one.

I put 100 miles a week in on dirt roads and I have had no lubrication problems.

My Power Ram only has 253,000........same lube.

Clearly, they both do not have the power they did years ago, but they don't leak or smoke.

not recomended for your vehicle, but.....if all you ever did is change your filter, the oil would last a LONG time. i work in the power industry and we sample all our resovours monthly. when tests dictate, we replace filters but rarely replace the oil. we're talking 5000+ gallon resovours at $6-$10 per gallon. there are also methods to filter used oil to enable it to meet api specs. depends on the operating conditions, but it's generally a misnomer that engine oil goes bad at 3000 miles. that being said, its better to change it more often, but also more expensive.

i used mobile 1 in my diesels and penzoil in my gas engine.

My father had several tractors, trucks and harvesting equipment with the old toilet parer filters on them.

Anybody remember those?

You just changed the roll every 6 or 8 months.

I don't know how well they actually worked, but we never had engine trouble that I recall.

02 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL VALVOLINE PREMIUM BLUE 15 W 40 WITH LUCAS ADDITIVE 120K DOESNT LEAK A DROP NEVER BEEN TO A OIL CHANGE CENTER, DO IT YOURSELFER

I'll probably get a raft of crap, but if you want a real oil, use the Amsoil system with a by-pass. I run my Duramax 10-12 thousand miles without the bypass right now between changes. I had an 84 Blazer I think I changed the oil 4 times using the bypass system. It had over 500,000 until a illegal ran a red light and totaled it. If you don't like changing oil, it's a great way to go.

I didn't want to let you down man!
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

PREPARATION H in Liquid form works wonders and last a long time in between.....LOL

Just got home from a 5 state drive over a week and still up at full mark and no oil burner here and drove 3,470 miles. Best mileage was 20.7 MPG and lowest was 18.4 MPG but that was coming east and up over DONNER SUMMIT. All in my 2002 GMC 1/2 4x4 and over 107,000 miles now
Time to rotate tires again.....shooting for 100,000 miles on one set Bessy.....

OIL......only use Castrol 10-40

Brian

Its all in how you maintain your vehicles how long they last. I have seen dodges fords chevy toyotas hondas, nissans, last seen them die before their time too....My Favorite is my girlfriends chrysler seabring 02 67k mile paper weight. She owes more then its worth to fix and be able to drive. I have a 01 silverado just turned 145 k and i have replaced a fuel filter 2 a fuel pump just went out, and brakes. Have a 99 chevy caviler owned since it was new 190 k, my brother has an olds alero 225k and counting and never does any maint on it. Dad has a 93 ranger 215k only thing he has replaced is brakes and a clutch...I also have a 83 bronco been rolled over 3 times 300k that finally died... I learned about maint.. in the military how far you want something to last how well you keep it maintained goes along ways

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Boy, that's a first for me... my first deleted post. Can't even be funny on here I guess. Some one did the same thing in two different messages... KY ... it stands for Kentucky.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom