Favorite Horse

K

KILLSHOT

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 09:32AM (MST)[p]Figured I would add to this madness to get us through another winter day. Lets see some of you cowboys on here with your best mountain recreational vehicle.

These two paints are about as good as it gets for hunting. Packed out about a hundred deer and elk between the two of em. I will have to find some better pics at home of them packin out the bone but these ones will have to do for now.
Apache and Raven

8044apache.jpg

4344spring_ride.jpg

This one is my new project that is shaping up to be a good one. 4 year old mustang gelding.
Renegade

549362.jpg

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 11:39AM (MST)[p]Here's a couple I used to get throw'd around by back in my younger days. Now, they're all gone.

4928r0300015.jpg

8208r0300024.jpg

Bigfly

495e731531222959.jpg

Tie between these two: "Charlie Horse" was about a 4 yr. old gelding my Dad picked up at an auction; "Roanie" was a 3-4 yr. old gelded mustang we picked up who had been taken off the Pine Nut mts in western Nevada. They were great horses for pleasure riding, 4-H gymkhanas(sp), trail rides, just "horsin' around", and packing deer off the mountain...long gone now, but so many stories and memories involving them and my Dad on our many hunts and rides together...and I hoped there was a great reunion in that grand corral in the sky last year!
399charley_and_roanie_at_minnehaha.jpg

4250hall.jpg

3511me_and_hall_2.jpg

836elk_024.jpg

Its hard for me to pick a favorite horse , but this bay roan gelding has been a fun one and he is the horse I usually ride . Over the years I have had some good ones and some real bad ones . Now I'm really sold on the high foundation blood line horses , and really like the Hancock / driftwood lines .

Also in these pic's is one of my best riding buddies . He is a neighbor that I started riding with about 6 years ago . He is 88 years old , and still going strong , and just cant wait for our once a week ride .

Trying to find some pics of the other ones I ride . I have a Percheron / Quarter horse cross that is really fun to ride .

Here is my horse, / best friend.
His name is Rohan he is a 4 and 1/2 year old percheron. He is just a little over 2000 pounds and takes a size 6 shoe, He packs me all day long. He would be a tough one to replace lots of good memories with him.
9562103_2546.jpg

5175103_2556.jpg

7024scan0001.jpg

This is what makes it all worth keeping him around my two best finds ever on the same trip.. 2010
9456scan0003.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 05:40PM (MST)[p]Wow , Southslope he is a bigun for sure . How tall is he ? My draft cross looks like your horse , but he is only 15 hands .

1601a.jpg

4436b.jpg

8520ch.jpg

742e.jpg

3782f.jpg

These are some pictures of the little womens favorite horse . She loves that paint I think more than me . LOL . The black gelding is my other mountain horse . He is a goer , and just won't quit .

These pics are from a Yellowstone trip last year . I had never rode up there before , but after this year it will be a trip we do every year . We rode about 70 miles of different trails in the park . It was a blast and for any of you horseman that have not made the trip yet , you need to make plans to do some riding in Yellowstone .

>
3162glue.jpg

>
>R.I.P Maggie

lmmfao......A COMMENT SIMILAR TO THAT GOT ME EXILED FROM MM ONETIME...

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I honestly loved my horses I had growing up, but after maggie.. The day the glue factory took her I was happy. She was evil and made me never want a horse again. My best horse was bill 17 hands tall and woudnt hurt a fly. Maggie she was lucky to make 14 hands tall. and she was evil!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he is right around 17-18 hands right now!! They say that them kind of horses grow til they are around 8 years old. He is a giant puppy though he has a very good disposition. Pics just don't do him justice. I am 6'4'' 280 so he don't really look as big as he really is I think.

Southslope , that is a huge horse . I have rode a few that where in that 17 hand range , and they kick my butt getting on and off all day when I'm looking for sheds . I'm in the same boat at 6'6" and 250 so I understand the big , stout horses .

Foundation, he came from about 20-40 miles west of cedar city. I cant remember the range herd name. I will have to look at his papers when I get home.

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-

Sulphur Herd is located west of Cedar city, that herd has some good horses and bloodline in it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

590generalquartersbluegrassstakes09th298.jpg

This colt is'nt good at packing out meat but he is good at packing on the greenbacks in the bank.He has made over one million dollars,too bad we sold him as a yearling but its the first foal out of our mare,so her offspring in the future will help pay for many future elk hunts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom