favorite gun

C

creamofthecrop

other than for big game hunting what is your favorite gun? mine wouls be my sks or my ar-15, probably sks because shells are cheaper but i just bought a reloader. my sks is also a blast to take rabbit hunting.

IT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE GUN THAT I LIKE TO SHOOT THE MOST & OFTEN AS POSSIBLE!!!

DON'T TELL HILLARY!!!

BUT I HAVE ONE WITH A 100 ROUND CLIP!!!

JUST KIDDING,TELL THE BITTCH OR ANYBODELSE YOU WANT TO TELL,THEY AIN'T TAKING IT FROM ME!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I have two favorites that aren't big gane rifles. A Remington 870 Express Turkey that I bought about 20 years ago and have taken a lot of turkeys with since then. The other is a S&W 686.

If it can't be a game rifle I'll go with my Beretta DT-10, I shoot sporting clays and the gun is unreal.

Probably have to be my Kimber subcompact 45 cal, got a CCP and I like to practise with in in case I ever need to use it.

when in the service I use to shoot at least 1000 rounds a week, now it is closer to 100 or maybe 50 a week..

thank god I reload.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-08 AT 00:44AM (MST)[p]This is an easy choice for me. I have an old Beretta A302 12 Ga. that I've been shooting for over 25 years. I bought it for my wife before we got married, as it is a 2 3/4" gun with a short 26" improved cylinder barrel. I thought it would help her get into duck hunting with me, but neglected to think about her shooting a 12 guage with no recoil pad. I took it out to try it myself, and fell in love. I've been shooting that same gun now since about 1981, and average over 20 days per season in a duck blind with it, in addition to doves, pheasants, sporting clays and other shooting. I've got a number of other shotguns, but this is my shotgun for about 95% of my shooting, other than during turkey season. It's been all over the place with me, California, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Alberta, Botswana, etc.

I love all my Weatherby's, but my new little .204 is fast becoming my new #1, it's amazing to shoot!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

1917 eddystone 30-06

gun has killed alot of deer. and with the 55 grain sabotted bullets, that gun screams at 4000 fps. killed many a rabbit too!. versitile weapon.

the only eagle with enough power and speed to kill and gut you with one shot

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-08 AT 10:29AM (MST)[p]Remington 40xb in .222 rem. It was my grandfathers.....Ca state smallbore champ several times in the 50's and 60's, have the jackets,patches, and trophys to go with it. Since it has claimed the lifes of many ground rats, the only "priceless" gun I own.....:)

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

I like enjoy my ruger 10/22 as well I have a bull barreled marlin .17 HMR that is a blast to shoot.

Couple of guns that are my favorites, a 1939 L.C. Smith 20 guage double and my Remington 870 12 guage.

Now for RIFLES my favorite is still the first one I bought when I was 14. A Ruger 10/22 with my lawn mowing money.

BeanMan

788 Remington in 6mm....funnest to shoot and first gun.
1897 Winchester 12 ga. ...a gift from Grandpa.

Fly

Hardway, I hate your gut's. Hope you know that.

My Colt Single Action Army revolver in .44 Special.

lrv

>Hardway, I hate your gut's. Hope
>you know that.
>
>My Colt Single Action Army revolver
>in .44 Special.
>
>lrv

I do.....Since you dont like me already, I also got three mounted bucks that are all 190+ with one non-typ over 200 and a shoulder mount lion and two elk. Plus a pile of 160-180" racks that "were'nt good enough to mount"....LOL. I'm proud of where I come from, That was the greatest generation.

P.S. Its funny how the .223 won out, huh? My gramps said the .222 and the .220 swift were the cats meow back then.

P.S.S. Cant prove it but my grandfather also said that 40xb was bought at P.O. Ackley's shop in utah when he was there on buisness as a rainbird salesman in the 50's.

Hardway,

I'm just kidding. That ol'Remington must be
Cool. A 40X in .222. Great stuff right there.
THE ultimate accurate caliber in THE ultimate rifle.

SON. Have some Fun.

What's your favorite load ???

lrv

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-08 AT 07:51PM (MST)[p]>Hardway,
>
>I'm just kidding. That ol'Remington must
>be
>Cool. A 40X in .222. Great
>stuff right there.
>THE ultimate accurate caliber in THE
>ultimate rifle.
>
>SON. Have some Fun.
>
>What's your favorite load ???
>
>lrv

I know, cant remember 4 sure what he fed it. I do know in the squirell load he used 40gr sierra hp's. I dont shoot it anymore. One time he really thought about it and figured it must of had at least 10,000+ rounds through it over the years on the same barrel and it still shot one hole groups.....It stays in the safe now, kinda like puttin a old horse out to pasture :)

I hear'ya,

But let that horse graze every once in a while.

That's things a Triple Crown winner.

No Doubt.

Thanks man,

Larry

If I really had tp pick a favorite, it would be the .220 Swift my Dad built for me. Tack driver.

I guess my favorite gun hasn't been bought yet..every time I go out ( just looking ) I see one or two that would be my favorite,but then there is always another one another day...RIMROCK

My Savage 22.250. Accurate as hell and great for anything up to antelope. Love calling in yo'dogs so it is my favorite. Next one in line is my Bushmaster. That thing is damn accurate.

No big game huh? Well for shotguns it would have to my Win, Model 42 .410 and its big brother a Mod 12, 20 guage. Rifles it is hands down my Mod 70 in 22-250. Love the old Winchesters! If I had to pick one the .410 sure is fun to shoot over my German Shorthair!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom