Favorite Fishing Place

rugarm77

It's March and I have the fishing bug (Lakes). This weekend I went to Cabelas and Sportsmans and found myself buying trolling poles and Luck Craft Lures. Today I took my son shooting and got to talking about our first trip out on the boat.

My sights are set on many trips to Strawberry, how about you guys. Any early trips??? Has anyone already been??

Lets hear some stories and or plans.

Rug I do more stream fishing then lake but am heading up to starvation soon. My favorite stream is corn creek love them browns.
Good Luck and Great Memories

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-09 AT 07:30PM (MST)[p]I'm headed to the giant lake to the west of Kalifornia on thursday for some fishing.

Ransom

NV this is your last warning stop trolling in the typing pool
Good Luck and Great Memories

Lake Naciemento when the white bass are boiling is the best fishing out there. Cruise the shore line and when you see a big boil, throw the topwater out there and within seconds you're hooked up. It's common to stay on the same boil for 30 minutes and catch bass until your forearms are sore!! When the whiteys stop boiling, either put on a heavy jig and bounce it off the bottom for a few more or go find another boil. It's an absolute blast.

Steve

Steve, never seen a bass boil except on fishing shows. That looks like a ton of fun. I have caught some large mouth and love the fight they put up.

ive been dippin' my worm all over town this winter. cant really name a favorite though:) think ill try some fishing now that its warmin' up.

Jason- White bass are a good fighting fish. Not quite as good as a largemouth but they can still put up a fight. The white bass will push the shad up to the surface and hit on top while the spotted bass (which look almost identical to largemouth but are smaller) wait below the white bass and get the shad that make it through the white bass. It is awesome how hard these fish hit a topwater bait. And it doesn't matter what you throw...color or size....anything. They will smash it. The bad thing about it is they only boil when it starts to warm up in the spring and usually stop during the summer months. Lake Naciememto has mercury in it so it is only safe to eat one meal of fish from the lake a month. We don't take any of them home. Why take a chance. If you do take them home, the regulations state that you must rip out their gills when brought on board. They are voracious eaters and have been transplanted in ponds. They devour all other fish and such in their new surroundings.

Steve

Doesn't really matter which lake, i like to fish along the drop off right where the biggest creek dumps into a lake.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-09 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]Wiszard, good point, throw em back, catch them another day and a pound bigger.

The Scenic New River, for small mouth bass.

nnl.gif

GO HEELS!

HEY RUGBURN!!!

I LIKE HITTING ANY LAKE AS SOON AS THE ICE STARTS PULLING OFF!!!

FISH CAN BE SOME TEMPERMENTAL SOB'S THIS TIME OF YEAR THOUGH!!!

YOU WON'T BE GETTING A BOAT ON STRAWBERRY FOR A WHILE!!!

STARVATION IS GETTING CLOSE WITH ABOUT 50% ICE BUT IT COULD GO ANY DAY!!!

Tag IS ABOUT THE ONLY ONE SAYING HE'S BEEN KICKIN BUTT,BUT ALL HIS HOT SPOTS ARE SECRETS!!!

ALOT OF LAKES ARE IFY RIGHT NOW WITH THE ICE MELTING!!!

BE DAMN CAREFUL UNLESS YOU CAN TREAD WATER!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I'v been ice fishing Strawberry all winter, it's been OK, I won't even fish Strawberry again until late fall. I really can't wait to fish the South Fork of the Snake in June and July and usually catch some good size Bows out of Flaming Gorge in April.

Few lakes north of the border can compare to the ones in Sinaloa, such as El Salto, Huites, Bacarrac and Mateos. For this year's spring jaunt, I'm heading down to Bacarrac with my doc in early April.

Here are few pix of earlier trips from the last few years.

El Salto:

ESPN's Mark Zona

49b53684628fd10d.jpg

My usual fishing partner, Bruce Fritz

49b538296b36c853.jpg

49b5393071d01fdd.jpg

Me

49b53769674fdf0c.jpg

49b537e369cb4e59.jpg

My wife, Ellen

49b5389a6eca8ddb.jpg

49b538bf6f7cafdc.jpg

Lake Huites:

Bruce F.

49b539bc75108243.jpg

Me

49b539f8764a5ce3.jpg

And lastly, my wife with her best ever -- an 11.5 pounder from Huites.

49b53a40782504a5.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

My buddies and I have been fishing pretty hard for the last 2 months. Jan, was slow, but since Feb, the trout fishing has been GOOD.(not great) but its picking up everytime we go out.

As for my favorite place to wet a line....any river will do. I prefer to catch trout, but if its a fish and its biting, i'll be happy to catch it(on a fly rod).

I will say if ya'll are just starting to get your gear out, you've missed some great fishing(thanks for not overcrowding me!)But you are right, Ice off on the big ponds is a Great time to be out! as for the rivers, By the time run off comes I will be so tired of catching fish, i will be able to concentrate on scouting!

My fishing spots aren't secret, bess! Its the flies i use and the techniques involved that are! You could fish the same river and pull 6 whitefish out of a hole, and i'd like to think i could go in behind you and catch a nice brown! And we fish sections of the rivers that dont really look like typical trout water.

I'm gonna stop one step shy of catching the fish for you!

Good luck to everyone with your fishing!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Nowhere better than the Berry right when the ice comes off. Other than that Otter Creek is my other favorite fishing hole.

Jason,

All of the bass in those photos are over 7 pounds, and several are 9 or more. Catching a slew of 5-6-lb. bass on any given day at the Mexican lakes is a no brainer. The neat thing, though, is the super surface bite that usually turns on each day in the a.m. and late afternoon.

LESGO54,

Ironic you mention redfish. I've fished all over the U.S. and Canada and caught about every species that include most trout and bass species, tarpon, bonefish, the pikes, stripers and a bunch of saltwater fishies including all the salmon. Geez, I've even caught sheefish, which only inhabit the waters up in AK and a couple places in northwest Canada.

BUT.. the one species I've never targeted is redfish. One of these days before I have dirt on top of me, I plan to get down to the Gulf and give them a go.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

In high school, me and a buddy were given access to a 4-5 acre sized pond near Corsicana, Texas. The owner of the property was a guy my buddy worked with and said he had seen fish in the pond, but wasnt aware if anyone had fished it since his family owned the property, which was about 50 years. We took a drive from north of Dallas to go check it out and hit a gold mine. We caught 2-7 pound largemouths from the shore all day long. We had such a great time, we went back to his house and built a boat out of particle board and a ton of caulking. Its hard to call it a boat. . . it was more of a floating device of sorts that resembled a coffin more than a boat. But, it did float and didnt take in water. We threw it in the back of his truck and drove it out and were reeling in some great fish non stop. We only got to fish that little place 4-5 times, but caught an amazing amount of good size fish on a regular basis. I went back 10 years ago or so with my buddy, but the land ownership had changed and they wouldnt allow us to get on the property. Ill never forget that little place.

"we went back to his house and built a boat out of particle board and a ton of caulking."

LOL! I want to go fishing with grizzmoose!

Eel

For a couple of teenagers, it was about all we could muster. I have a picture of us testing it out in his pool before we took it out to the pond. Ill have to find it and post it for you sometime. Its hilarious.

"we went back to his house and built a boat out of particle board and a ton of caulking"

Sounds like making a boat out of graham crackers

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-09 AT 05:52PM (MST)[p]When they built the particle board boat it weighed 130 lbs. After an hour of fishing it weighed 640 lbs.

We need the pics grizzmoose! LOL!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom