Feleno

Long Time Member
George Strait would be #1
then not in any particular order...
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisly
Toby Keith
Carrie Underwood

New "POP Country" sucks. None of those tight leather wearin, died hair, sissy boy homos are anything close to real traditional country music. Does'nt suprise me F-Dude likes it though :) Merle Haggard is the man.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Merle Haggard
Johnny Cash
Chris Ledoux
48a9c86f4e0036c6.jpg

BUNCH OF NEW WAVE PUZZY'S!!!

ROCKIN RANDALL!!!

MOST OF YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THE HELL I'M TALKIN BOUT???

I'LL BET Roy DOES???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-09 AT 06:26PM (MST)[p]Chris Ledoux
George Strait
Bar J Wranglers (seriously!)

Other notables that I have seen in concert that I realy enjoyed;
Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Diamond Rio, Faith Hill, Shania Twain, Collin Raye, Aaron Tippen, Restless Heart, Little Texas, Lonestar, Western Underground, Alan Jackson, Alabama (farewell concert was awesome!).

Johnny, Merle, Waylon, Keith Witley, too many to name. Cmon Feleno, I love your photoshopping, but your choice in weak arse country is frightening. Chesney?

Zigga- I've seen Mark Chesnutt twice...both in small venues...no more than 250 people, and they both were great concerts. He's getting old but can still sing the hell out of his songs. He's a regular guy...has some beers on stage....forgets some words here and there....but it's no big deal. He's a regular guy. If you ever get a chance to see him, you should. I hope he keeps putting music out. Most people don't know that he's got 9 or 10 CD's out.

Steve

i'm fairly new to country music. been a die hard rock n roller all these years till just recently, guess thats why i like the rock/country style. I do remember 12-15 years ago hearing George, Travis and Clint Black thinking they were pretty good... kind of cool seeing George still around. scantily clad, photoshopped women tomorrow :), i apologize

>BUNCH OF NEW WAVE PUZZY'S!!!
>
>ROCKIN RANDALL!!!
>
>MOST OF YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN
>KNOW WHO THE HELL I'M
>TALKIN BOUT???
>
>I'LL BET Roy DOES???

10-4, Bocephus is easily in the same group as the Hag, Waylon, Cash, and many other true country honky tonkers. How bout guys like Tom T. Hall the story teller, or Don Williams the Gentle Giant. Hell nobody even mentioned the OLE POSSUM GEORGE JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JFP!!!!!WTF!!!!!! I FRICKEN HATE THAT NEW COUNTRY CRAP!!!!!! LOOK WHAT YOU DID F-DUDE!!!!!!!

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

1- Chris Ledoux
2- George x2== J and S
3- Toby K
4- Don Williams
5- Lefty
6- The Highwaymen.

Do away with all the new crap that doesn't sound anything like country. That is all.

George Strait
Faith Hill
Carrie Underwood
Keith Urban
Brooks and Dun
Reba

There are more I like a lot, but these are pretty much at the top.

Just the old timey stuff ....

Hank Willams

Patsy Cline

Waylon - Willy & the boys

Marty Robbins etc.

RUS

I like some of the new stuff - but hate a lot more of it. Just accept it as pop and move on. It ain't country. I like a lot of the Texas Country artists -Here's a few of my favorites

Kevin Fowler
Stony Larue
Jasan Boland and the Stragglers
Cory Morrow
Pat Greene

Some of the more mainstream:

Rodney Atkins - some good tunes and some that really rock

Clay Walker - Guy has some great songs and sings about good stuff! "Momma, 'fore she was Momma" is Jenn's theme song.

Brad Paisley - though I am disappointed he did a duet with phony-ass Keith Urban

Some Kenny Chesney - but getting very tired of the beach bum stuff

Alabama - classic stuff - almost all of it!

Blake Shelton - though there are a few that annoy me

Josh Turner - gotta love that bass!

Toby Keith -

but my most favorites:

Garth Brooks - gotta love a fat guy that can sing -

George Strait - the best there is

Chris LeDoux - expresses the way I really feel!

Rockin' Randall! - Ready to get the summertime started - got a pig in the ground and (root) beer on ice and all my rowdy friends are coming over tonight - that's right!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy,

How do you not Love Clay Walker....

He's a great little dude that's been
battleing MS, for a while.

Still blowing and a going......

Big voice from a little guy.

Martina McBride is THE CHICK...
in country and western singing...

Trisha Yearwood is right there with her.

LRV

I've been to see Reba twice at Lake Tahoe was great but lousy seats both times.
My favorites:
Reba McEntire
Martina McBride
George Strait
Toby Keith
Alan Jackson
There are two people/group that I would really like to see and hopefully one day soon, can do it.
Brooks & Dunn
Rockin' Randall(Hank Jr.) Williams

Brian

You guys left out some of the best.

Ernest Tubb

Loretta Lynn

Hank Snow

Tammy Wynette

Hank Thompson

Lefty Frizzel

Ray Price

Hank Locklin

Conway Twitty

Faren Young

Leroy Van Dyke

Kitty Wells

You want a good CD go buy Martina Mcbrides Timeless, its all oldies.
And the ones you mentioned George Jones and Strait, Alan Jackson is fairly traditional, But the best of all is Merle Haggard.

CRYSTAL GAYLE!!!

LOOK AT THAT MANE!!!

SHOULD BE BRAIDED IN TO RANES!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

>Roy,
>
>How do you not Love Clay
>Walker....
>

I do! He's on my list! Love his story too - should also put Kevin Sharp on there too - though he hasn't come out with much lately. Good Mormon boy from California who overcame cancer at an early age. Does a lot of stuff for the Make-a-Wish Foundation.

UTROY

Probably hardly anybody knows this guy.... Steve Earl...I've got everyone of his albums and with Emmy Lou Harris as my favorite female..got everyone of her albums too..

I'm all with you on David Allen Coe I have at least 8 of his albums. I really like the highwayman as well grew up listening to George Jones and Hank Williams.
Driftersifter

So Longun - which Steve Earle do you like best - Steve Earle before his heroin traficking conviction or after? There is definitely a difference!

One of my favorite lyrics of all time comes from a Steve Earle song -

Nothin' ever happened 'round my hometown
And I ain't the kind to just hang around
But I heard someone callin' my name one day
And I followed that voice down the lost highway
Everybody told me you can't get far
On thirty-seven dollars and a jap guitar
Now I'm smokin' into Texas with the hammer down
And I'm rockin' little combo from the guitar town

UTROY

Chris Ledoux
Garth Brooks
Highwaymen collective, and seperate.
Blackhawk
Trace Adkins
And many more.
Can't even listen to this new country chit, terrible stuff.

Clay Walker is one of my favorites although I have never seen him in concert! Brings back a lot of good memories from high school (mid '90's). He's a stud. Love Kevin Sharp as well and Tracy Lawrence. And Cowboy Troy......okay maybe not.

Chris LeDoux
George Strait
Jason Aldean
Gary Allan

I didn't see Gary's name anywhere so I thought I throw it up.

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

Life2extreme- Check out #7. He's up there. He's got one of the classic, unmistakeable voices is country music. Plus the dude's been through a lot. AND he's a California kid!

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-09 AT 09:20AM (MST)[p]>Life2extreme- Check out #7. He's up
>there. He's got one of
>the classic, unmistakeable voices is
>country music. Plus the dude's
>been through a lot. AND
>he's a California kid!
>
>Steve
The guy has been delt a crappy hand for sure, I saw him at Pechunga in Temecula shortly after his wife died. It was also his B-day and his Parents were there, great show!

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

Don't know if they were all good entertainers but I like their music:

George Strait
Marty Robbins
Ernest Tubb
Barbara Mandrell
Patsy Cline

Shania.....what can I say.....shaaa wing
Martina....those eyes

New stuff is ok.....not really country though.

Completesportsman- That is a hell of a song....and it makes complete sense. I'm not sure if we will hear it on the radio. May be a little too controvercial. It needs to be heard. Thanks.

Steve

I lost all respect for Steve Earl, He's a limp wristed liberal. Worse than Mellencamp.

So thats what happened to Steve Earl......I agree with his liberal crap, lost all faith in him with his last album....my favorite song is "When Johnny comes marching home" My P-47 is a pretty good ship, thinkin' about my girl and lettin her rip...took a round coming across the channel last trip....

Hank
Marty
George(both of them)
Tim
Garth
and of course Corinne Chapman, I saw someone else agreed

Kurt-www.shootitimages.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom