Father's Day

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Father's Day thoughts: yesterday I needed to take a truckload of empty boxes from my parents new home to the recycle bin at the dump. I asked my Dad who is not able anymore to help me move his stuff, if he wanted to ride with me to take the cardboard to dump.
I stopped on the way and bought us each a soda and a Hostess cupcake. Last nite I was mulling over the days events of the day and something really hit me - how when I was growing up, and would ride with my Dad everywhere - how many times he would buy us a treat. Somehow I hope he felt a little joy as I seem to have been in his role in a way yesterday. It was a bittersweet joy because his health has declined.But for one moment I felt like how must have.

Nice posting - today I remember my first time hunting when I was 13 years old and my dad took me squirrel hunting. It still seems so clear to me today. He had me sit under a hickory nut tree and told me to not shoot until the squirrels arrived and started to cut on the nuts - He then went upon the ridge. I sat there and watched several squirrels enter the tree and began to feed. - I looked at what I thought was a squirrel and took a shot - the tree explode with squirrels leaving - emptied the gun with not a squirrel hitting the ground - found out later when dad came down that I had shot at a knot on the tree. Was your dad with you guys on your first time hunting?? I also had a great relationship with my dad until the day he left this earth. Happy Father's dad to all of you.

My Dad was with me. He took me hunting Whitetails in NW Idaho. I made noise and couldn't be quiet at 12 yo.
After that we pursued Muleys in SE Idaho, Elk in the High Selway Mts, Blacktail Deer in SE Washington. We caught trout, sturgeon, steelhead, walleye,and hunted pheasant. I was truly blessed. And my Dad taught me how to repair my Mustang.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom