Father's Day Gifts

Roy

So Father's Day is next weekend and I have already told my wife and kids I need a new wallet.

My 13 yr. old is going to Scout Camp next week and guess what is one of the Merit Badges he has signed up for - yep - Leatherwork.

So the question is - what do you think will be the design theme of my new wallet?? And - should I use it?

All I can think of is the crappy name plate that I made in welding with a cutting torch and MIG welder for my dad. He kept that thing on his desk when he was working and on his bedside table when he wasn't.

Guess I will use it with pride.

What are some of the "great" gifts you guys have received from your kids?

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I GET TONS OF GIFT CARDS, CABELAS, RESTAURANTS,LOCAL SPORTING GOOD STORE. WE EAT OUT A LOT, I LIKE THE RESTAURANT GIFT CARDS THE BEST. YOU CAN GO WRONG WITH THE GIFT CARDS.........YD.

Just a guess.

2153wallet.jpg

My daughter got me a very expensive Shimano bait casting reel one year. It cost her about two weeks wages at the time. I use it in Alaska and here. Priceless to me.

Eel

Nothing like their warm embrace and well wishes to start my day
followed by a hearty lunch at our favorite restaurant to make my day.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-11 AT 06:24AM (MST)[p]I raised my 5 kids by myself for quite a few years. They even gave me Mother's Day cards, on Mother's Day. To me that was a real honor. After my 2 boys drown while visiting their mom, back in 1995, I finally brought myself to clean out their bedroom. Way back in the corner of their closet, behind the hanging clothes, the boys had scratched, "Adam and Brian was here", into the sheetrock wall. Normally you would want to throttle them. I put a frame around it. It's one of the most precious gifts I ever got. Sometimes even the things that make you upset, become unexpected treasures.

Bucklover - can't even begin to imagine your pain. Yeah I would frame that too. Definitely a keeper.

Eel - HA HA - only if it is made of turtle skin that he caught with his own bare hands!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

bucklover, as mentioned by Roy I can't imagine how hard that must have been and still is. That is indeed a priceless treasure.

I will never forget my first father's day. My boy, adopted, told me that he was glad none of those other families kept him.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

bucklover, i could not think of anything in this world that would be harder to go through. i would cut that piece of sheetrock out of the wall and keep it forever.

as far as great fathersday gifts, my kids are 2 and 4. anything homemade is absolutly fine with me, maybe go spend the day picking mushrooms(the kids love that, it's like a giant easter egg hunt!)

A couple of mine are out of the house now, two in high school, and one in 6th grade. A hand made card with a few comments from the kids about and to their dad is still by far an away the best.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom