Father/son success

nfh

Long Time Member
Well been hunting with my dad the last few days. He has a LQ tag. All starts with a rebuilt rifle. My dads 7mm rem mag has been a pile of crap. Remington model 700. Basically the leupold scope was the issue and was a joy to throw it in the garbage. So a gunsmith did a new trigger, rebeded the stock a non leupold scope brand and new barrel. Last couple weeks been practicing in the wind, off the pack shots, and every scenario we can do and the gun can shoot. Nailing a tin can at 700 yards is no issue.

Each day watched 40 some does and one 2x2 buck from a high point. All groups were 3 to 7 does. I couldn't take it anymore. I decided to branch off and glass another drainage. Spotted a decent buck. Ran back to get my dad and we hiked up the ridge and got 160 yards. We were a huffing and a puffin so we had to calm ourselves. Watched the buck tear up some brush and my dad dropped him.

Next week off to montana for a morning deer hunt and back home to maybe use my general tag. Plus the kid has a few doe tags to fill and his elk tag.

20241026_180245.jpg
20241026_180324.jpg
20241026_180457.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom