Fantastic news! Thank you, Arizona DPS!!!!!!

CAelknuts

Wow, I just got a call from a detective with the Arizona Department of Public Safety (their highway patrol/state police) telling me that they'd just finished raiding a chop shop on a search warrant, and that they recoved my stolen Colt 1911 in that raid! He told me it was one of a number of stolen guns they recoverd, and that the POS was a convicted felon who was banned from owning any firearms. (Not his description of the fine gentleman who stole my gun, that's my description, he's a total piece of dog exrement). Anyway, he wanted me to confirm whether I knew the fellow and gave him permission to possess my handgun, which of course I did not do, and they'll be using my gun as evidence in his prosecution, but after they're done I get my 1911 back!

Talk about making this a great day!!!

THANK YOU to the Arizona Department of Public Safety and Scottsdale Police Department for a good job in this case.

That is great news . Your one of the lucky very few that actually have a gun recovered . Hopefully the pistol is in the same condition and you get it back soon .

A convicted felon in possession of a stolen firearm! He may not know your name but I bet he remembers you for a loooong time. (I hope).

Good deal Dan.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-11 AT 04:59PM (MST)[p]Actually, the detective told me the gun was still in its case, along with my two spare mags and ear plugs. It was in a locked locker with some other stolen guns, so doubtful they even touched the gun. Detective told me it looked to be in good condition.

I agreed to cooperate in his prosecution, to the point of flying down to testify if needed. Of course, what I'd really like is to be able to shove the barrel of that 1911 up his arse and pull the trigger. THAT would be proper justice for this POS, I think. It sounded like this POS is going to go away for many years, based on what I was told.

Eel, you have a PM.

That would be a flat-out shock!

Good for you. Sometimes the good guys do win.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Nice, Glad you got your Baby back.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

now just hope the pos didnt shoot someone or something with it and in a few years the cops come looking for you.

Good news on both fronts First you got it back and in the process we'll be removing a little more trash in the process! Glad you got it back hope it's in pristine condition!

I won't actually get the gun back for maybe up to a couple months, as they need to keep it as evidence for a while, but I've been told where the gun will be and that as soon as the prosecutor is done with it, they'll be contacting me to make arrangements to pick it up. Actually, if I can get it back in good condition, I don't really care if I have to wait a while. I think its far more important to put this POS away for a long time, and if them keeping my 1911 for a while helps them do that, then so be it.

I do know that right now, the gun is at their DNA testing lab, as they're trying to get some DNA from the POS on either the case or gun. They're doing that with all the guns they found in his possession.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom