Fan Clutch??

sageadvice

Long Time Member
All this mechanic lingo going on with Aya got me thinking of a trip to the mechanic i made several years ago.

My truck was over heating when i had long pulls to gain several thousand feet of elevation. I figured i needed a radiator service. So, at the radiator shop, the wrench on duty tells me i need a new Fan Clutch. "Yeah Right, ain't no such thing," i tells him, "Radiator clutch? What kinda bill of goods are you trying to sell me here?"

He assured me that there is indeed such a piece of equipment, mine is shot, and upon repair my truck should not be overheating on the long pulls. He was right and i learned something that day. My truck pull those hills easy enough now and the clutch assembly, throw-out bearings, labor and all only cost $400.

Here i thought he was trying to rob me!! :)

Joey

Damn sure such a thing as a fan clutch!
Them were too simple & inexpensive though!
Now we have electronic controlled fans on a lot of vehicles.(Yes,wires going to the fan)
They've almost got em where they want em,they quit on you,you'd best have a cell phone handy,cuzz you're not gonna nurse these new vehicles anywhere,when they quit,you're done!
But oh the technology!

Lol I had that same argument with a customer a while back. I had to call the parts store on speaker phone so he knew I wasnt jerking him around! Was that you Joey? If so I still havent gotten that 12 pack from you!

You find out who your friends are when you see who shows up to help pack your bull out!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Justr_ said, "...Was that you Joey? If so I still havent gotten that 12 pack from you!

Maybe, but don't think so! lol Should seen the look on my face when he told me that though. Felt pretty sure that he was FOS :)

Joey

Sometimes its hard not to laugh...

You find out who your friends are when you see who shows up to help pack your bull out!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

When I worked at a dirtbike shop I was joking around and told a guy I was using a metric cresent wrench. When he asked how much I would sale it for I almost died. Its scary how dumb some people are. And they breed and vote. God bless the usa

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

I'm kinda surprised that nobody has called me on a part of my opening statement?? It was the best part... :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom