famous people, singers

feddoc

Long Time Member
I got to thinking about singers who had a really good album or two and then sorta disappeared from the music world.

Lee Ann Rimes...I really thought she was gonna be great. For a 13 or 14 year old she had a very strong voice and a few folks drew comparisons to Patsy Cline. That first album was good, then nothing. But, she is still famous for cheating, or maybe her husband cheated first.

Taylor Swift started out ok, then got woke and crossed over.

Randy Travis...havne't heard much from him, aside from some very good songs in the late 80s.

Who else?

Billy Dean is another one. Great voice. I saw him in 94 or so at a county fair in CA. He and the 'smokin' armadillos' had just split the sheets, so he did everthing with a guitar.

Tanya Tucker was the headliner. BIlly Dean did a couple songs with her.

Jamey Johnson.

He pretty much does only covers anymore, which is ok, but his original stuff is great.

Deanna Carter. Strawberry wine is a great country song. And she was easy on the eyes, with that heavy twang in her voice.
I went to see Jamey Johnson last year........half the audience left half way through........you have to be stoned to like the 20 minute instrumentals in the middle of a song...but....his good ones are damn good......

Saw him at the Grand ol' Oprey about 8 years ago....for George Jones 80th...that was epic

Johnny Paycheck. I met him in a dive bar (is there any other kind?) in El Paso in the 70s.

He has a son who retired from the Army...maybe 5-6 years ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom