fallen heroes

I remember this veteran from a story a few years back. Bob Dole was a guest of honor at his birthday party. Bob told Frank then "You know any story you tell about the Great War, you can make-up anything you want to. After all who can dispute what you are saying. You are the only one left, so you could say that you were surrounded by 100 enemy troops and they surrendered to you with just your empty pistol!". Gotta love the stories that old warriors tell, there are several in the historical group that I belong to. I am like a little kid sitting cross-legged on the floor at my grandparents house listening to a story when these guys get to talking. It is almost magical.
WVBOWAK

110 years old. Holy crap. I can't imagine the stories this good old boy could tell.
I'm the same way. Used to love listening to my grandpas stories. He took two bullets in the lungs. My grandma gave me his pocket watch that they were attached to. And his medals. The purple heart is displayed on my cedar shelf and his memory for service is never forgot

A great American hero has left us but his service to our nation will never be forgotten. May he rest in eternal peace.

Eldorado

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom