Fabtech lift on Jeep Wrangler?

slamdunk

We found a sweet Jeep wrangler we might pick up tomorrow.
It's a 2001 with a 6" Fabtech and Toyo Mudders. The thing feels like it wanders when driving. They said the lift is for rock crawling with more travel and it causes it to wander a little. Does anyone know anything about these or have a similar set up?
I told them we wont buy it until it's checked out by someone that is familiar with Fabtech suspensions.
It's a sweet deal, only 62K miles. 12k PLUS a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. It' books at over 14K as a stock Jeep without all these extra's. I WANT THIS BAD BOY!!

we just bought terra a 2006 rubicon 4 door. with an 8" lift, 40 inch tires. The lift is some sort of wierd lookin suspension for rock crawlin with a snorkle and all. It road walks pretty bad. If you want terras old jeep just let me know its a 2004 wrangler. I can personally vouch for it however it doesn't have a rock crawling suspension.

2935wrangler.jpg

Looks perty clean (No Pin Stripes!) there stinkbug!

She must not let you drive it?:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Slamdunk I'm not a jeep or rockcrawlin guy , but I have a few friends that are . I hear them talking about removing the sway bar , and disconnecting sway bars which I would think would cause some road wandering .

Well slammy I have 5 inches of lift. It's not a rock lift like you describe but it does not wander a bit. Good call having it checked out. You may also want to call some shops that deal with those lifts and get their opinions.

Jeeps will wander with any lift on them. Too short of wheelbase and big tires will do that. Fabtech is a great lift! Still have everything checked out but if you can deal with it go ahead. If not don't buy a lifted jeep.

Ps they aren't made for highway travel, especially with a lift.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>Slamdunk I'm not a jeep or
>rockcrawlin guy , but I
>have a few friends that
>are . I hear them
>talking about removing the sway
>bar , and disconnecting sway
>bars which I would think
>would cause some road wandering
>.
>
>

Andy I have those disconnects and they are for off road use. I think slammy is talking about highway travel when it comes to the wandering problem?

Drove many of Jeeps!

Get a RUBICON (Old Enough!) to have the 4.0 Engine with a 6 Speed Stick!

LOCKERS!

WINCH!

AGGRESSIVE TIRES!

Now You've got a JEEP!

Hey Eel?

Your Arms & Hands Wore out too?:D

As some have said Wranglers with lifts wonder due to a short wheel base. I had a 1995 YJ with a 6" lift that I had to fight to keep on the road. Sold it got a 1995 Cherokee put a 4.5" lift 33" tire on it, it drives great and goes anywhere I need it to.

Well we got the jeep afterall. There were some front end issues that they had fixed. I haven't driven it yet, momma won't give me a turn!!

So PUNK?

You buy it?

Or!

Buy it for Her?:D

It was a joint venture, but I'll be breaking it in with elk blood before she can put a pink sticker in the window! Lol

But PUNK?

Did you tell Her it was going Elk Huntin?:D

the ole lady want you to drive it because FAT CHICKS can't jump in it..!! tires wooble mostly put some 30"ers it will help a bunch!

Get a Steering Stabilzer for a High steer Correction kit.
www.quadratec.com Catalog page 236 Fox racing Steering Stabilizer kit. They are high dollar but I believe that will help with your problem.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>Get a Steering Stabilzer for a
>High steer Correction kit.
>www.quadratec.com Catalog page 236
>Fox racing Steering Stabilizer kit.
>They are high dollar but
>I believe that will help
>with your problem.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".

Thanks for the suggestion Gator....it's already got one installed. It feels really strange. When i am traveling forward, push in the clutch it veers to the right. Accelerate and she wants to wander left....wtf???

Bessy....she actually bought it so i could have it on my guiding trips instead of that Ford Super Dudy beating my guts out....she loves me! ;-)

Check the motor mounts for play or wear. If it goes left or right "under torque" or when the torque is released (depressed clutch) the mounts MIGHT be a problem.

Get some blood on it!... It's a jeep, they ain't meant for highway comfort :)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Oh He'll get some Blood on it!

Just gonna have to get it washed off before Mama see's it!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom