Eye relief problems

RabidRattleSnake1

I am having eye relief problems with my Leupold VX-II 6X18 and was wondering if anyone out there has had a similar problem. I get too much eye relief. I can't look through the scope in a natural position. I have to set my head a little far back to get a proper sight picture. I have had my friends mess with the rifle as well and they have the same problem. I am getting to the point where I am thinking about selling the scope at a loss and starting over. Wanted a good long range scope for p-dogs, but this is kind a pain in the butt.

Have you adjusted the back piece? If so, can you slide the scope forward on the mounts or are you already maxed out on both?

Is that ethical?

I was looking at it last night and I think I can have the top of the reciever drilled and tapped forward of the current position which will allow me to move the mounts forward. Just have to take it in to have the work done.

Did some research on the web and it seems like this is a common problem with the CZ 527. Problem with the build of the gun not the scope. Love the gun but it is really hard to find a scope that will work without having to do a work around. When I have the scope cranked to 18 no problem, bring it down to 6 and there are eye relief issues. Oh well off to the gun smith I go.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom