extended archery still going in 2012!

theox

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-11 AT 02:46PM (MST)[p]http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/utahs-deer-hunt-in-2012.html

Click on the part that says :
Q: will archers be able to hunt statewide in 2012?

A:The Wildlife Board previously decided that in 2012, archers must apply for and hunt on a single unit. However, if you obtain a general-season archery permit in 2012?and you complete the extended archery ethics course?you may also hunt the extended archery deer areas during the extended archery season.

Im sure you lead flingers wont be happy but great news for the stick flingers!

not enough deer. so cut tags. but have late hunt for bow hunters. dwr. bowhunters....priceless

>not enough deer. so cut tags.
>but have late hunt for
>bow hunters. dwr. bowhunters....priceless

look at the success rate of both weapons, plus, if you want to hunt archery nd take advantage of the perks, no one is stopping you

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

i do. injoy th. .e perks,still if the deer numbers are down ..how does this work.screw the gen people. and kiss the bowhunters ass....

Draw an archery tag next year, hunt it and you'll see why. Against all odds; winter range, predators, cars, and hunting pressure from August through Dec 15 or Nov 30, the front produces opportunity, mature bucks and manages an amazing buck to doe ratio.

Just because deer over all are hurting, doesn't mean some places aren't doing very well.

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

Should they close the Henry Mtn's or the Book Cliffs because the general deer herd sucks?

The WF is a blue ribbon hunting unit based on low success, unlimited hunting for a very long time each year. Meanwhile producing 200 inch bucks every year.

It is good management.

ELKUN,

I dont think they are kissing bow hunter arse at all. Likie all have mentioned, lots of deer in a very popluated area (hikers, skiers, cabins, tree huggers). so you cant hunt with rifles. Its a win win situation. Any bow hunter with the NADS to hike up that steep country gets to see some good deer. Peope think that there are giant bucks running around all the time all over the place. The truth is there are some great bucks, but those that put forth the effort, "SOMETIMES" get a nice one. And then there are the lucky ones.

That's great, and what I figured would happen. They ought to make the tags for the extended unlimited. It'd give a lot of guys the opportunity to atleast get out and hunt.

Fairly healthy deer herd, one of the the most "micro" managed units in the west and high buck to doe ratios.

thought that would make a few happy. well except the rifle guys. what JA. Rifle guys get the le elk hunt in the rut bow get the firs parts of it if they are lucky. is that fair? anyway the places i have hunted on the Ex arch area in places rifles should not be shot from. You can see the success of it. if you cant than im sorry. However whether or not other parts of the state are down hill the WF is Not! and even tho its during the rut its not easy! i thought it would be but i learned the hard way. does ad fawns screwed me up everytime i was just about in range to shoot. so its ot just a calk walk its tough... your welcome to get a bow tag and hunt it too we dont have any special privelages that you dont... we choose the hardest weapon to hunt with and the most rugged areas. so quit your fussing and get over it. get a bow and play the game.

oh and last year was my first time up ther i got lucky and did my homework well got into a place i seen decent bucks everyday and usually not another hunter. Seen one 170 class buck the rest 130-150 but was a blast. one o the funnest hunts i have ever been on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom